The defense Ministry denied publication about sending in Syria commander of the CVO


YEKATERINBURG, October 22. The commander of the Central military district (CVO) Colonel-General Vladimir Zarucnicki not sent to Syria, as previously reported by several media outlets, and is in the workplace in Yekaterinburg, said Thursday in a press-service of the district.

Earlier, some media reported that Zarucnicki involved in hostilities that lead to Syria’s Air-space forces of the Russian Federation.

“The commander of the CVO performs duties in the workplace in Yekaterinburg,” – said Corr. the official representative of the district Colonel Yaroslav Roshchupkin.

“On Friday he will summarize the strategic command and staff exercises “Center-2015″, which will personally speak with the appropriate report, – the Colonel noted. – In summarizing the results will also be attended by the commanders of formations and military units of the district, representatives of the three Federal districts and 29 subjects of the Federation located on the territory CVO”.

The aerospace forces of the Russian Federation from September 30 to cause pinpoint strikes on targets of terrorist groups in Syria, acting at the request of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. In the country were deployed in more than 50 Russian aircraft and helicopters. In addition, October 7, militants attacked the missile ships of the Caspian flotilla, using cruise missiles “Calibre”. To participate in ground operations in Syria Russia has no plans.