The Ford plant in Vsevolozhsk due to the downturn in the market can stop the line for 2 months


ST PETERSBURG, October 29. /Corr. Svetlana Afonina/. The Ford plant in the Leningrad region can stop the conveyor for two months beginning mid-November. The company also launched a program of voluntary dismissal, said on Thursday the representative of the primary trade Union organization (PPO) Ford Artem Yashenkov.

According to him, on Thursday held a meeting of employees with the employer. “From 18 November to 15 January will be announced easy. In addition, the employer today announced the program of voluntary dismissal (with payment) to five salaries,” said Yashenkov, adding that, according to preliminary estimates, it may affect “the order of 180-190 people”.

In turn, the press service of Ford Sollers announced that the traditional new year holidays “will be increased”, but the dates are not called. The company also confirmed that the plant is running a program of voluntary dismissal. “It will be valid for a week, so the numbers (fired – ed.) will be quite modest. This is an opportunity for people so they can find the opportunity for employment, we continued to decline the market”, – said the press service.

The press service of the economic bloc of the Leningrad region reported that the company was not notified about the possible downtime of the conveyor.

The Ford plant is a joint venture between Ford Motor Company and Russian group Sollers. At the plant in Vsevolozhsk in the Leningrad region produced models Focus and Mondeo.

In 2014, the plant started to work in one shift, then had been dismissed by agreement of the parties 700 people and introduced short-time working. The reason was the depreciation of the ruble, as part of components for Assembly of cars imported, and the drop in sales on the Russian market. According to experts, in 2014 the plant capacities were loaded by 25-30%. The company does not disclose production volumes.

In 2015, the plant began production of the new Ford Mondeo and new Ford Focus. Then Executive Director, Ford Sollers Adil Shirinov said that the company intends “to leave “four days” and return to normal work”. He also expressed the hope that “sales of the new Mondeo and Focus will allow you to do this in the near future.”