Due to the suspension of flights to Egypt to clarify the circumstances of the crash of the Russian airliner A321 over the Sinai, the state has transferred about 1.5 billion rubles to companies in support.
MOSCOW, 10 Nov. The state due to the suspension of flights to Egypt in support, donated approximately 1.5 billion rubles to the airlines that take tourists from the Arab Republic, said the head of the Federal tourism Agency Oleg Safonov.
Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich on Tuesday held a meeting with representatives of major travel companies and operators. According to Safonov, the meeting was attended by tour operators and Agency networks that have already estimated their losses and this is documented. No data were provided only two companies.
“In principle, the procedure costs clear. For example, the airlines listed about 1.5 billion rubles. But the figure is still inaccurate… the idea is that the state can support the tour operators on this amount. Here no one is to blame. Today airlines are flying to Egypt with empty chairs on which to sit the tourists. This is a direct losses of travel agencies”, — said Safonov in interview to “Rossiyskaya Gazeta”.
According to the calculations of the Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR), the damage to the tourism business in Russia, according to preliminary estimates, could reach about $ 200 million, if imposed by the authorities of the Russian Federation ban on flights to Egypt will remain more than two or three months, was previously reported by the media.
Earlier Russian President Vladimir Putin instructed the government to study the question of the support of the tourism industry due to the suspension of air traffic with Egypt.
The flights of Russian aircraft in Egypt were suspended on 6 November to find out the causes of the crash of the Russian airliner A321 over the Sinai. The President of Russia Vladimir Putin instructed to provide assistance to Russian citizens in return from Egypt.