YEKATERINBURG, November 10. Russian tour operators at least until the end of the year was excluded from their plans, the sale of tours to Egypt, said Vice-President of the Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR) Dmitry Gorin.
“We have no understanding of when flights will be resumed with Egypt. So, at least until the end of the year firms were excluded from their plans, the sale of tours in this Arab country. While none of the market participants is not even an approximate idea of how many may be interrupted air communication with Egypt,” said Gorin.
The representative of ATOR added that firms who have worked with Egypt, will return and sales will fully recover within three months after the resumption of air links with that country. “Past experience shows that as soon as authorities lift the restrictions and open borders, then firms for 2-3 months to fully recover and return sales. Also will happen after you resume the connections with Egypt,” Gorin said in an interview.
“Egypt is in high demand among Russians. A month in this Arab Republic rests 200-300 thousand Russian tourists. We expect that in the first month after the resumption of air links with Egypt, there to rest from 60 to 100 thousand Russian citizens”,- said Gorin.
The refusal from dumping
According to Gorin, the tour operators also abandoned the practice of quota increase in foreign hotels, to avoid dumping prices.
“Now there is some tension in the market… Major tour operators noted that for the sake of dumping will not increase its quota in foreign hotels,” – said the Agency interlocutor.
“Now many compare dumping rounds last year with their current value. In this comparison it seems that the tours are much more expensive. However, when comparing the price below cost with the cost, it sounds like. Now the tour operators hold market prices for tours and did not take steps for their dumping,” said Gorin.
“Non-refundable” hotels can do “return”
Russian firms want to abandon the practice of work with foreign hotels that operate under 100 percent the responsibility of tour operators and do not return money in case of failure of the tourists, said Gorin.
“Egyptian hotels operate under 100 percent the responsibility of tour operators. Therefore, if the rest of the Russians frustrated for whatever reason, they (hotels) do not return the money to our turfirmu for reservation of rooms. Such hotels are known as “non-returnable”. Firms want to abandon the practice of working with them,” said Gorin.
He noted that now the professional travel community discusses the question of how to make such “reflexive”.
“I mean, we are talking about the fact that in the case where the recreation of the tourists disrupted, tools for hotel reservation were made to the Deposit account for future visits. How will manage to achieve it, time will tell,” said Gorin.
The suspension of air links with Egypt
On November 6, President Vladimir Putin agreed with the recommendations of the National anti-terrorism Committee to suspend air traffic with Egypt. All Russian commercial airlines and operators of General aviation has suspended the performance of all regular transit and Charter flights to Egypt with passengers on Board from 20:00 on 6 November.
As explained by the press Secretary of the head of state, Dmitry Peskov, this measure is entered not until after the investigation into the crash of an Airbus A321 “Kogalymavia”, until then, until will not be provided the proper level of security. Putin also instructed to provide assistance to Russian citizens in return from Egypt. At that time in Egypt there were almost 80 thousand Russians. Some of them have already returned Home.
The suspension of air links with Egypt. Chronicle of events