MOSCOW, November 10. The total amount paid by Russian tour operators the flight programs in Egypt until March of 2016 is about 3 billion rubles.
This was announced by Executive Director of the Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR) Maya Lomidze.
“Estimated, in the aggregate, is 3 billion rubles, if we are talking about paid flight programmes,” – said Lomidze.
Earlier official representative of the Russian Union of travel industry (PCT) Irina Turina said that the tour operators paid for the flight program to Egypt until March 2016. In connection with this tour company asked the airline to recover the funds, or give them the opportunity to use them for payment of flights to other destinations. Turina calls until the total amount paid for flight programs in Egypt. However, the loss of the Russian tour operators from the ban on flights in this country currently estimated at 1.5 billion rubles, she said.
It (the suspension of flights) for a long time. How much, I can not say exactly, but I think, for a few months at least
ATOR had earlier written to the Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich the letter in which he asks the government to consider providing state guarantees to tour operators due to the suspension of flights to Egypt.
Preliminary assessment of tour operators ‘ community made by Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR), if the ban on flights to Egypt will last more than 2-3 months, damage to the tourism business may be about $200 million.
Ban on flights
The Russian President Vladimir Putin on 6 November agreed with the recommendations of the National anti-terrorism Committee to suspend air traffic with Egypt. Putin also instructed to provide assistance to Russian citizens in return from Egypt. At that time in an Arab country there were almost 80 thousand Russians. About 40 thousand people, according to the government of the Russian Federation on 10 November, has already returned to Russia.