MOSCOW, November 22. The damage of transmission towers, in which the Crimea was cut off from Ukrainian electricity supply, it was agreed with Kiev. This opinion was expressed by the head of the Republic of Crimea Sergey Aksenov.
“I think that Ukraine is their (the suspects) are not looking. It could they to do their service. I think that this is concerted action,” he said in an interview with radio station “Moscow speaking”.
According to Aksenova, the Crimean Prosecutor’s office opened a criminal case on the fact of damage of the Republic of Crimea. “How damages are found, we now define”, – he added.
According to the Minister of fuel and energy of Crimea Sergey Yegorov, the Crimean energy system was ready for a possible termination of the supply of electricity from Ukraine. “We were ready for the development of such events since December last year,” he said.
November 20, in the Kherson region have been undermined by two electric poles. On this night, the Crimea remained without electricity supply from Ukraine as a result of blasting of the remaining supports. At 00:22 in all settlements of Crimea the lights went out. Crimean authorities imposed a state of emergency.
All strategic and socially important facilities of the Crimea is connected to the power supply and operate according to the approved schedule. 330 megawatts of capacity provided by mobile gas-turbine power plant and CHP with the average needs of the Peninsula in 1200 megawatts. 547 diesel generators ready to run on socially significant objects. 114 formed teams to perform different kinds of work-related power outage.
In all settlements of the Crimea introduced graphics of interruptions of electricity and water supply.
© Ruslan shamukov/TASS archive
The power outage in the Crimea. Chronicle of events