The commissioning of the first phase of the power bridge from the Kuban to the Crimea can be held in the end of December. But, according to the Director of energy development Fund Sergey Pikin, if continued damage to power lines, “there are serious risks in the energy supply of the Crimea”.
MOSCOW, 22 Nov. Self-generation and backup power sources will help Crimea to hold out until the commissioning of the first phase of the power bridge, although no time of power outages is still not enough, says Director of energy development Fund Sergey Pikin.
“It will last. If it will continue such actions on (damaged power lines – ed.), there are serious risks in the energy supply of the Crimea” — says Pikin.
As previously reported, the commissioning of the first phase of the power bridge from the Kuban to the Crimea, which will allow to issue from the mainland to the Peninsula 400 MW of capacity, could be held in late December.
The Crimea in the night of Sunday was completely de-energized because of the erosion in the South Ukraine transmission towers supplying electricity to the Peninsula. In the region was introduced a state of emergency until full power is restored. Important infrastructure and social facilities of Crimea after the cessation of supplies from Ukraine were connected to emergency power sources.
Read more about news of the Crimea — on crimea.ria.ru>>