On December 17, Vladimir Putin for the tenth time held a big press conference. 3 hours 8 minutes to the head of state managed to go 32 journalists.
Key statements by the President on the foreign policy of the Russian Federation – in the material.
About the Syrian conflict:
- to settle the Syrian crisis can only political method, the Russian plan in this is almost identical with the American;
- Russia will never agree to Syria by the imposed, who is going to manage it;
- in Syria must pass the joint work on a new Constitution, after that there should be a mechanism of control over future choices, which all will trust. On the basis of these procedures of democratic Syria to decide who should lead the country.
About the operation HQs of the Russian Federation in Syria:
- Russia has gone to war in Syria, it carries out certain operations;
- operations HQs are a serious burden on country’s budget, expenditures on military exercises were partly diverted to the actions of the Russian aviation in Syria;
- Russia manages to combine the efforts of the Syrian army and the Syrian armed opposition in the fight against “Islamic state” (IG, grouping forbidden in the Russian Federation);
- Russia will continue to launch air strikes on is positions in Syria until the Syrian army conducts offensive operations;
- after the start of military operations HQs of the Russian Federation the delivery of oil from regions controlled by extremists, has changed;
- the President is confident that Russia in Syria want a permanent Russian military base. The presence of cruise missiles, air-and sea-based long range allows Moscow if necessary to act at a distance.
About the crisis in relations between Moscow and Ankara:
- the incident with the Russian aircraft over the territory of Syria could be the result of someone from the Turkish leadership decided to “lick the Americans in one place”;
- the actions of Turkey against the su-24M is not unfriendly and hostile act;
- people of Turkey and other Turkish-speaking peoples remain partners of the Russian Federation, but with the current leadership of Turkey to agree is almost impossible;
- the President does not see prospects to improve relations with the Turkish leadership on the international level;
- The Russian Federation does not see any action in Ankara to resolve the situation with the downed su-24.
About the Ukrainian crisis and relations with Kiev:
- the actions of Kiev regarding the implementation of the Minsk agreements is a manipulation;
- the President hopes that Moscow and Kyiv will be “open, honest dialogue”;
- Russia is not interested in exacerbating the conflict in the Ukraine, but his decision not to go through the elimination of people in the South-East of the country;
- the exchange of hostages in the Donbas must be held according to the principle “all for all”, Moscow supports the position of the authorities proclaimed DND and LNR in this matter;
- the appointment of Mikheil Saakashvili to the post of Governor of the Odessa region – “spit in the direction of the Ukrainian people”;
- Russia is not going to impose on Kiev any sanctions, but, in connection with the termination of the agreement on free trade zone with Ukraine, it has no privileges and preferences;
- the President predicts the deterioration of economic relations with Ukraine in 2016.
About Russian-Georgian relations:
- Russia is ready to restore relations with Georgia and with it the abolition of the visa regime;
- the territorial integrity of Georgia – business, primarily the Georgian, South Ossetian and Abkhaz peoples;
- Russia was not the initiator of the degradation of Russian-Georgian relations.
About relations with the US:
- Russia is ready and wants to develop relations with Washington, whoever the President of the United States;
- the visit to Moscow by U.S. Secretary of state John Kerry “showed that in General the American side is ready to move towards a joint decision of those questions which can only be solved together”.