The Cabinet may next week to adopt a resolution on expanding sanctions against Turkey

The Cabinet may next week to adopt a resolution on expanding sanctions against Turkey


MOSCOW, December 18. The government decree on the extension of sanctions against Turkey could be signed next week. This assumption was expressed to journalists a source in the Ministry.

See also

Russia responded Turkey for downed aircraft economic measures

“We expect the adoption of this decision next week, although based on political consultations, it may be delayed,” he said.

The source has not excluded that in this case it might enter into force before the New year.

Previously, the newspaper “Kommersant” wrote that the Ministry of economic development has developed a draft decree pursuant to the basic “anti-Turkish” of the decree of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin dated 28 November.

Part of the decree, the Russian government had already implemented the order dated November 30, introducing an immediate ban of imports from Turkey limited list of food, stopping part of the government programmes of cooperation and limiting the involvement of Turkish citizens in the Russian Federation.

See also

Media: Russia may expand sanctions against Turkey

The second phase expanded and refined economic sanctions.

The new resolution introduces a list of “types of work (services) that are prohibited on the territory of the Russian Federation for organizations within the jurisdiction of Turkey.”

We are talking about the import of construction services, tourism services, services of hotels, as well as wood processing and the training of civilian personnel of airlines of the Russian Federation in Turkey.

The attack on the Russian su-24M and its consequences

November 24, fighter from the Turkish air force F-16 shot down Russian bomber su-24M, which, according to Ankara, had violated the country’s airspace near the border with Syria.

In response, the defense Ministry said the su-24M was in the skies over Syria and crossed the border by the Turkish aircraft. The crew of the downed bomber managed to eject, however, commander Oleg Peshkov was killed by ground fire. Navigator Konstantin Muratina saved the Russian military and taken to a Russian base. During the operation to evacuate the pilots of the su-24M was lost helicopter Mi-8. In the death of a marine-contract employee Alexander Pozynich.

Putin called the attack a Turkish air force aircraft of the Russian Federation, who participated in anti-terrorist operations in Syria and did not pose a threat to Turkey, “the stab in the back” of Russia.

The Russian head of state on 28 November signed a decree on the temporary ban from 1 January 2016 to hire workers from among the citizens of Turkey. With the new year also suspends the agreement with Turkey on visa-free regime. A ban or restriction on the import into Russia of certain goods from Turkey (the list will be determined by the government). In addition, it is not recommended to tour operators to sell trips to Turkey. The government was instructed to strengthen control over the activities of the Turkish road carriers on the territory of Russia in order to ensure security.