ROSTOV-ON-DON, December 24. /Corr. Dmitry Bulanin/. The defense of former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko will require the court to conduct astronomical examination of videos of the capture of the defendant.
Nadezhda Savchenko went on hunger strike until the end of the court
They are the evidence of the prosecution, but, in the opinion of counsel, contain evidence of innocence of their client. About this korr. said one of the lawyers Savchenko mark Feigin.
“The court (on Wednesday – ed.) listened to a specialist astronomer, who confirmed that among those 29 of the rollers there are 4 files, which can determine the time when they were taken, with an error of no more than 15 minutes. The investigator told us that the time on the camera was shot down. Now I know what it was,” he said.
“With this we finish the year on a clear statement that Savchenko was taken prisoner by no later than 11 am, most likely at 10.30, and the shelling that killed the journalists, was at 11.15, and any errors taken into account,” added azokat.
24 December in Donetsk city court took place last year at the hearing in the case Savchenko. Her alleged involvement in the murder of Russian journalists. According to investigators, 17 June 2014 she was adjusting artillery fire, under which only the correspondents Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin.
After that she was captured by the militia, who recorded her capture on video. This record is attached to the case file. The defense claims that tape was made before the attack and the defendant could not be a spotter.
The court in a quandary
According to Novikov, now the court is in a quandary, as the testimony of defense expert admitted. “It’s not about being that the court has heard only one specialist and based on this delivered judgement. Before you go to debate, we ask what the court had heard, was appointed expertise,” he said.
Protection is not waiting for the verdict Savchenko until February of 2016
Protection Savchenko was involved in the court astronomer to confirm their evidence
The Rostov court plans in January to follow up on the case Savchenko
The lawyer noted that in Savchenko’s case “the alibi was confirmed by several sources and they all said the same thing. “There is evidence, but people can lie. And the technique can not lie. And that this alibi to trample into the mud – it will take some courage. And we will check the court for such courage in the bad sense of the word,” said the lawyer.
However, he still believes that the sentence will be accusatory. “The expertise we will be carefully looked after. The defense has the right to participate and to “hold the hand” specialist. In this part some intrigue there. In the part of the sentence – no, he will be guilty. But the New year there are all sorts of miracles,” added Novikov.
Lawyers worried about the health of the defendant
Most lawyers do not worry for the outcome of the case, and for the health of the ward, which a week ago announced a hunger strike. While the court, she will only drink water. In the event of conviction Savchenko made the decision to abandon the water.
“If it weren’t for the hunger strike Savchenko, I would look at this situation with optimism. Given that it is already week fast, and by the next meeting it will be full month (January 13 – note). From 1 to 13 January in jail can not pass nor the lawyers, nor the consuls. We will ask the PMC members who are on holidays have the right to visit her, that they at least once visited her and said to her,” explained Novikov.
The hearing in the case Savchenko continued from September 22. According to the investigation, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region, Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three citizens of the Russian Federation – correspondents VGTRK. In the shelling of journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.