MOSCOW, December 28. /Interviewer/. The Secretary-General of the Shanghai cooperation organization (SCO) Dmitry Mezentsev has provided information to the Minister of foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov about “most important problems which were resolved by the SCO in the past year”. About his meeting with the head of Russian diplomacy Mezentsev told in an interview to journalist..
– What was discussed at your meeting with the Minister?
– I provided information to the Minister about the complex problems that have been solved by the SCO, including in the past year.
The Declaration of the SCO summit: old enemies become new partners
Provided information on the practice of multilateral interaction in the SCO, which confirms the accurate implementation of the plan and the calendar of the SCO this year. Noted the special importance for the organization of decisions of the Ufa summit, first of all, the adoption of the strategy of the SCO, pursuant to the main provisions of which have already started practical work parties.
– Addressed the topic of interaction with observer States, dialogue partners of the SCO?
Yeah, it was emphasized that managed to achieve a new level of interaction with observers, an important example of this is held in Zhengzhou (China) summit of heads of governments according to the formula “6+6”, where for the first time, Belarus, which became an observer, took equal part in the General discussion. I informed the Minister about ending the work and the willingness to sign early next year a Memorandum granting the status of a dialogue partner of Azerbaijan, Armenia and Nepal. Noted that the first Memorandum with the incoming SCO family composition of the government in the status of a dialogue partner – the Kingdom of Cambodia was signed in XI’an this autumn.
– Was this talked about cooperation with the UN and its specialized institutions?
– During the meeting I stressed the importance of the SCO gives the signing a new Memorandum with UNESCAP in the framework of the meeting of the Council of heads of governments of the SCO countries in Zhengzhou. Thanked the foreign Minister for support to promote meaningful resolution of the UN General Assembly on interaction between the UN and the SCO, which determines the broader scale of the interaction with agencies, commissions and global programmes of the organization.
– Touched upon the financial side of the work of the SCO?
– I noted the value of the solution SCT, instructed the Ministers of Finance and heads of Central banks of member countries of the SCO in the first half of next year to determine the approach to the creation of financial institutions – development Bank of specsget the development of the SCO.
– How do you assess the overall interaction between the SCO and the Russian foreign Ministry?
– Thanked the Minister of foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov for the continuing attention and support of the practice of multilateral interaction in the SCO, constructive interaction with the headquarters organization and regional anti-terrorist structure.
Dmitry Mezentsev: SCO completed the period of formation and increasing the quality of interaction