The Finance Ministry has projected a receipt from privatization up to 1 trillion rubles in 2016


Moscow. December 31. Proceeds from privatization next year will again be among the key sources of replenishment, calculates the Finance Ministry.

In 2014-2015 privatization in Russia has actually stopped, only sold few assets. The outgoing year was only about 5 billion rubles, the official plan for 2016 several times more, but in the whole budget is still low (33 billion rubles).

However, in 2016 the situation will change radically, I am sure the Minister of Finance Anton Siluanov.

“Next year we are seriously going to change our approaches to privatization,” – said Siluanov in an interview to “Russia 24” (VGTRK), the full version which the TV station showed on Thursday.

“The government is preparing a proposal for the implementation of the package of the big companies that can replenish our budget and reduce pressure on spending from the Reserve Fund. First of all it “Rosneft”, is also considered Bashneft and a number of other companies that will help us to attract to the Treasury up to 1 trillion rubles,” – said Siluanov.

“The packages will be different depending on the company, because the government will make decisions based on expediency or retains the controlling stake, or the preservation of the blocking stake in the company. This is a point of individual decisions,” the Minister added.

Admission to 1 trillion roubles – a very ambitious plan, even assuming that 19.5 percent stake in Rosneft will indeed be sold (the disposal of the government, authorizing the deal, came more than a year ago, but still no final decisions). Previously Siluanov said that the sale of 19.5% Rosneft can bring 500-550 billion rubles, that is, to perform the maximum program of the Ministry of Finance, the state will need to find for-sale assets by approximately the same amount.