ROSTOV-ON-DON, January 20. /Corr. Dmitry Bulanin/. Donetsk city court on Wednesday should announce the decision on an exception of the case of former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko range of evidence. About it the correspondent said one of the lawyers accused Nikolay Polozov.
See also related news:
The court in the case of Hope Savchenko
© Fedor Larin/TASS
Protection Savchenko will attract at the trial of the new experts and witnesses
UPC: Savchenko continues to starve and so far feels normal
The Rostov regional court upheld the extension of the arrest Savchenko
Protection Savchenko will require additional court examination of the astronomical evidence
According to him, the relevant petitions were filed at the meeting on Monday, but a decision on them was not accepted.
“Journalist of the First channel Khrolenko, who was present there, in Lugansk (17 June 2014 – approx.), assemble a range of evidence. But the Russian legislation does not provide a way where a witness, being abroad, thus collects the evidence and then gives the result. On this basis it was stated a number of requests for the exclusion of evidence. While not a decision made. Prosecutors asked for time to Express their position. The decision on the motions will be taken on Wednesday,” – said Polozov.
According to the investigation, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region, Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three citizens of the Russian Federation – correspondents VGTRK. In the shelling of journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.