ROSTOV-ON-DON, on 1 February. /Corr. Dmitry Bulanin/. Donetsk city court on Monday re-interrogated former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko, the defense plans to complete the provision of his evidence. About it the correspondent said one of the lawyers Savchenko Nikolai Polozov.
See also related news:
The court in the case of Hope Savchenko
© Valery Matytsin/TASS
Lawyer: doctors put on a drip starving Savchenko so she could attend court
Donetsk court will announce the decision on an exception of the case Savchenko of a number of prosecution evidence
Protection Savchenko will attract at the trial of the new experts and witnesses
UPC: Savchenko continues to starve and so far feels normal
“The outcome of the court investigation revealed so many facts that were initially unknown or on which there was a view from a different angle. Now by results of interrogation of witnesses and experts the prosecution and defense, Hope you have anything to add and tell a fuller and more accurate,” – said Polozov.
He added that to illustrate his testimony Savchenko has drawn his own maps.
Public hearing in the case Savchenko began on September 29, 2015 with her interrogation, in which she did not admit guilt on any charge.
The hearings on the case of former Ukrainian army continued from September 22. She is 25 July 2015 held in jail-3 of Novocherkassk (30 km from Rostov-on-don and 150 km from Donetsk city court) where it carry on the process.
According to the investigation, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region, Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three citizens of the Russian Federation – correspondents VGTRK. In the shelling of journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.