France accused the “Syrian allies” in the collapse of the talks in Geneva


French foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has accused the Syrian government and its allies in the breakdown in peace talks on resolving the Syrian conflict in Geneva. It is reported Reuters.

“France fully supports the decision of the representative of the United Nations to suspend the talks, to which neither the regime of [Syrian President] Bashar al-Assad nor his allies were not brought in good faith, thus disrupting them,” said the Minister.

Fabius also said that France condemns the government army offensive on the Syrian city of Aleppo. “We condemn the brutal offensive of the Syrian regime, with Russian support, to encircle and strangle Aleppo”, he said.

Negotiations about the settlement of the Syrian crisis broke off in Geneva on 3 February. According to the UN envoy, Staffan de Mistura, the negotiation process need immediate support from international powers, particularly Russia and the USA. He added that negotiations are “paused”until February 25.

Earlier on 3 February, the Syrian army supported by Pro-government militia groups cut off main supply routes of enemy troops of President Bashar al-Assad, leading from Turkey to the North of Aleppo.

According to the military, the offensive was to the North of the city of Aleppo toward the Turkish border. Information portal “Surya al-ain”, which refers to TASS, confirmed that troops were able to block main roads on which goes supply the rebels in Northern Syria. In particular, the military took control of the international highway running from Aleppo to the town of Azaz on the border with Turkey, where the logistics base of the enemy. The offensive of the government army was also accompanied by powerful blows of artillery and aviation.