MOSCOW, February 9. In Moscow will expire the first day of dismantling trade pavilions, recognized by the government arbitrarily and built with violations. The authorities believe that the demolition will benefit the architectural appearance of the capital and in many ways will transform the city, Muscovites and experts, however, are ambiguous.
The reaction of the townspeople
On the night of Tuesday the Prefecture of the several administrative districts of Moscow with the support of bailiffs and the police proceeded to dismantle 97 of 104 objects of unauthorized construction, representing, according to the authorities, the danger for Muscovites. Near metro stations, where previously housed the popular coffee shops, pharmacies, bakeries, fast food pavilions and related products, home appliances, household products, flower shops and even restaurants, were the ruins and piles of debris. Tons of wooden, plastic and metal constructions are transported by trucks.
Liksutov: Moscow authorities are not against stalls at the station, as long as they were safe
About “Pure ponds” almost not squeeze. “Ultimately, this will disappear stalls selling food, drinks and cigarettes. Previously, the area around the metro did not have time to clean – all the time “bull-calves” and plastic bottles, look nice. Couple of hot dishes, cooked right on the street, it is unclear under what conditions and loud music to midnight does not fit into the landscape of the historic city,” admitted the veteran of the Basmanny district Alexey Prokin.
The interviewee remembers the area around the metro is free trade, when in rare places were set the ice-cream and a loud ringtone selected in accordance with the taste of the sellers of the pavilions, did not prevent passers-by to communicate with each other.
Those who disagree with them employees of nearby offices: near the subway you can always buy medicine and necessities, enjoy a coffee, a bite to eat. “Moscow is the largest tourist center. The nearest supermarket is far away, but in city traffic there at all it was almost impossible to get a limited period of time,” complained the source.
The city will be transformed
In the opinion of architects and experts on cultural heritage, without self-building, the city will benefit from the aesthetic and from a practical point of view, becoming more convenient for the citizens. “Two-storey buildings near the great pavilion metro 30-ies on Clean Ponds is a mockery of interesting and fine architecture of the monument. The same applies for buildings that many called “boxes of shoes”: included in all travel guides and books on the architecture of the Soviet pavilion of the metro station “Kropotkinskaya”, he has been these awkward pavilions”, – said the Deputy Chairman of the scientific-methodical Council under the Moscow’s Department Boris Pasternak.
Luzhkov: in Moscow demolished the pavilions appeared in 1990-ies according to the standards of those years
Agree with him first Deputy Chairman of the Central Council of all-Russian society of protection of monuments of history and culture Artem Demidov. “The demolition of unauthorized construction in the center of Moscow – in a sense, the protection of the constitutional rights of citizens on access to cultural heritage. And since, for example, of cultural value objects of the station were built these tents, we could not see in the form in which they were conceived by the architects,” – said the Agency interlocutor.
The illegal buildings hindered the city not only aesthetically, but also from a practical point of view. Blocking the entrance halls of metro stations, they are complicated city navigation, I’m sure the Professor of the Moscow architectural Institute and the granddaughter of one of the authors of the project of the station “Kropotkinskaya” Natalia Dushkina.
“Subway entrances should be accented. That’s what people focused when moving. But it turned out that they for many years were on all sides are closed,” said Dushkin.
How dangerous is samostroi
In 90% of the demolished structures have been implemented in non-food products, in particular, they were popular among the bookmakers and operators of cellular communication. According to the head of the state inspection for control over use of objects of real estate of Moscow Sergey Shugurova, most of these illegal buildings stood directly over underground lines communications – telephone Sewerage, gas pipeline, heating systems, electricity, sanitation.
In the Moscow metro offered to arrange paid Parking on the site of the demolished unauthorized construction
As said Deputy head of Moscow metro Yuri Degtyarev, the objects of unauthorized construction from overloading the supporting structures underground, which creates high risks to the safety and health of passengers. In addition, in some cases, the design “make it impossible for the entrance of equipment necessary for emergency response and ensure proper maintenance of engineering structures of the underground”.
Deputy General Director of JSC “Mosvodokanal” Yevgeny Shushkevich, said that without such facilities the city will become safer for Muscovites, since most of them are mounted above the lines of the Moscow water utility, and the accident at the squatter threatens to turn into tragedy with tens of casualties. “The vast majority of objects subject to demolition, are in the protected zone are either installed directly over the lines of the Moscow water canal. We can’t operate these pipelines, it may result in disconnection of water supply, there may be victims among the visitors” – said Shushkevich.
The squares and parks in place of unauthorized constructions
According to the head of the Commission on urban policy, transport and communication Public chamber of Moscow Igor Voskresensky, the cleansing of self-building is painful but necessary for Moscow measure – it will benefit the architectural appearance of the capital. “Yes, of course, it is a painful procedure, people have invested money in different parts of the building, but will have to endure. The city becomes more comfortable, but every once redecorated in the apartment and endured the inconvenience for the sake of a good life after this repair,” said Voskresensky.
Judge: judicial redress for the illegal buildings demolished in Moscow can reach 30 billion roubles
City officials assured new retail facilities will be built on the site of the demolished pavilions. As reported today by the head of the Department of trade and services of Moscow Alexey Nemeryuk, “in these territories will be broken or squares, or parks, or lawns, will be public space”. According to him, the demolished objects that belonged to the consumer market, “account for less than 0.1% of all objects of trade, and there is no fear that Muscovites will not have enough goods and services”.
Degtyarev did not rule out that the leadership of the subway will be published with the initiative of the organization of paid Parking in place of some trade pavilions dismantled. “If we’re talking about the stations located in the sleeping area, it might be logical to do it there Parking. We’ll go out with a corresponding initiative in the government of Moscow”, – he said. For this reason, from 21 to 23 February will be demolished shopping center “Pyramid”, located at the entrance to the metro station “Pushkinskaya” in the center of Moscow.
Year on a voluntary demolition
In December last year the government of Moscow has accepted the decision “About measures on provision of demolition of unauthorized constructions on certain territories of the city of Moscow”, providing for the demolition of 104 objects. On a voluntary dismantling of structures, which expired the day before, the owners gave more than a year. But as reported in an interview with correspondent. the Chairman of the Moscow city Duma Committee on urban planning, state property and land management Sergey Zverev, owners of objects of unauthorized construction have not taken seriously the intentions of the city authorities or relied on Russian “perhaps”.
The authorities of Moscow: the owners of unauthorized construction has not applied for compensation in case of voluntary demolition
“From the point of view of the Executive, all conditions defined by law, have been met. For two months the owners of objects of unauthorized construction have been warned: the administrative document (the Moscow government resolution No. 829 of December 8, 2015) posted. It provides for and authorizes the power, if within two months from the date of its adoption, nothing happened to make the demolition. Knew all about it. And then was enacted emotions or “maybe”. Supposedly not the first time scare. A scare no one was going,” said Zverev.
As noted by the Deputy head of the Main Department of EMERCOM in Moscow Mishchenko, the dismantling took place without accidents, fires and other emergencies. “During the campaign, our division participated in these activities did not take. Power and money was in readiness for rapid response, if there are any fires, accidents, incidents on communal networks. For the past day in the control Centre of crisis situations of EMERCOM in Moscow this information was received,” – said Mishchenko.
“There are objects quite complex and large in regards to the area, they will be dismantled over a long period of time. There are objects small and simple, that much time will not take”, – commented on the progress of the works Sokurov.
If it goes to court
Member of the Public chamber of the Russian Federation Nikolay Ostarkov in conversation with said that if the owners demolished in Moscow buildings will be able to challenge in the courts the actions of the city authorities, the city Treasury will face great losses. “In the future will start the courts that will challenge the actions of the Moscow authorities. Since many owners were legal documents and even the decisions of the courts confirming the right of ownership. If the owners win, the courts, the city will have to pay compensation and costs to the city budget can be enormous,” he said.
Five famous shopping pavilions, demolished in Moscow on 9 February
Moscow authorities have reassured entrepreneurs will give an opportunity to resume work on new points. According to the mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin, the Moscow government will offer owners of objects of unauthorized construction to build retail facilities in other places legally.
“Today demolished structures illegally built on engineering services and on the technical area, metro, dangerous to Muscovites. Facilities were built mainly in the 90-ies with the obvious connivance or the assistance of officials. Their former place of finding these objects will also improve. Former owners if they wish provide the opportunity to build retail facilities in other places and already on the lawful bases”, – the mayor wrote in his account of popular social networks.
Dismantling will continue until the end of the month
Meanwhile, as have informed in a press-service of the state inspection for control over use of objects of real estate of Moscow, the rest of the objects of unauthorized construction will be dismantled by the end of February. “There are facilities that have not yet expired period of voluntary removal. Therefore, we cannot ahead of time to dismantle them. At the end of February a scheduled rest time”, – said the Agency interlocutor. Thus, by early spring all 104 of the object of unauthorized building subject to demolition, will be dismantled.
The head of the Department of trade and services of Moscow Alexey Nemeryuk does not exclude that the list of trading pavilions which are subject to demolition, can be extended.
“That possibility exists,” said he, answering the question.
Public men are asked to intervene
State Duma Deputy from the Communist party, head of the Moscow city Committee of the Communist party Valery Rashkin asked the Prosecutor General to check the legality of the demolition of the retail pavilions. According to him, there is reason to believe that during the demolition violated rights of entrepreneurs. “In particular, the media reported about the failure to provide lawyers and owners of trading pavilions the documents on the basis of which should be the demolition of the buildings,” – said the Deputy. He also claims that the owners of trading pavilions “there are documents on the property right, which means to deprive them of their property only by a court decision”.
The state Duma till the end of the session to adopt the law on compensation to owners of demolished tents
The Communist asks the Prosecutor General’s office “to verify the availability of adequate legal basis for the demolition of objects of trade” and “to scrutinise the actions of the authorities of Moscow on the issue of damages (damage) entrepreneurs, performing activities carried on trade objects and their owners”. In addition, Rashkin asked the Supervisory authority to establish how legitimate were the actions of the authorities and the police during the demolition, and to control the future use of the vacated territories.
Secretary of the Public chamber Alexander Brechalov also said that the chamber would examine the circumstances of the dismantling of the street buildings. “We will investigate. I know that “Support of Russia” took up this subject, but I repeat, those objects that I saw, probably, (were demolished) legal,” – said Brechalov. “I don’t know what happened that night, but I assume that this is legal,” he said.
“As most entrepreneurs have the certificate of ownership, and retail facilities located in the cadastral records, they are planning legal action to challenge the actions of the authorities. As you know, the market price of each object is different. Many more than inventory. According to many authorities involved in the assessment of such commercial facilities, the amount of demolished objects varies from 22 to 30 billion rubles”, – said the Executive Director of the Moscow city branch “Support of Russia” Sergey Seliverstov.