The authorities of Moscow at his own expense to build new pavilions for those who rented space in the demolished, and the right to lease will be raffled off at auction. About this alternative for businessmen who worked in the destroyed shopping centers, said in an interview with the head of the Department of science, industrial policy and entrepreneurship of Moscow Oleg Bocharov.
“The city, at its expense, will construct the pavilions at alternative sites. The auction will be awarded the right to lease these pavilions. Any preferences not all tenants will be able to participate in auctions on a common basis,” said Bocharov, answering the question, what areas will be provided to the owners of the demolished pavilions instead of demolished.
Earlier on Tuesday, Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin has said that city authorities are ready to provide the owners of the demolished buildings the possibility of building new commercial properties.
“Former owners if they wish provide the opportunity to build retail facilities in other places and already on the lawful bases”, — said Sobyanin on his page in social network “Vkontakte”. The mayor explained that the demolished buildings were dangerous for Muscovites, as they were illegally built on engineering services and on the technical area of the metro.
Answering the question why city officials allowed to place objects on these lands, Bocharov said that these objects appeared in the late 1990-ies. “Giving permission, the government sometimes did not know that under the ground. Now we, the city, there are layers of information, and we instantly see where the plot can be adapted for the placement of trade object, and where not,” he explained.
Bocharov also said that the ownership of the demolished buildings no one disputes, noting that the owners are entitled to claim compensation through the courts. “Nobody forbids owners to challenge their property in court. The court will decide whether compensation to the owners or not,” he said.
At the same time the official believes that residents will benefit from the demolition of the pavilions. “People do not understand the essence of article 222 [of the Civil code] say: well, seems to be affected entrepreneurs, let’s give them compensation. But let’s just worldly look to it. Would you like for a relatively small amount to put the stall at the entrance location and to rent it out? Of course, you’ll take it. Why should we compensate an hundred men for illegal objects?”, asked Bocharov.
Mass demolition of structures recognized by the Moscow authorities to the objects of unauthorized construction, began in the night of 9 February. In total, according to the head of the city state Inspectorate for real estate Sergey Shugurova, for demolition were 97 facilities in different parts of the city.