MOSCOW, February 10. The recurrence of war in the South-East of Ukraine does not need anyone, but the settlement process while stalling. This was stated at a briefing the official representative of the Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova.
She recalled that on 12 February, marks a year since the signing of the Minsk agreements on the settlement of crisis in Ukraine.
Ukraine: chronicle of Eurasian split
What led to the conflict, how it developed and what was the impact on the balance of power in international relations – special project
“The recurrence of war in the South-East of Ukraine does not need anyone, – the diplomat said. – This has an extremely negative impact on the process of domestic settlement, which, unfortunately stalled”.
“The Kiev authorities reluctant to engage in direct dialogue with the Donbas, continue the line on ignoring the rights of the population of the South-East of the country”, – said Zakharov.
She stressed that “there is no alternative to the Minsk agreements”.
“The sooner the Kiev authorities understand the need for compliance of the undertaken obligations, the faster the process of settlement and will be reached long-term peace in the Ukrainian land”, – said the diplomat.
Zakharova also said that “Russia is ready, together with its partners endeavour to promote the search for means to resolve the internal Ukrainian crisis”.
THE MINSK AGREEMENT
12 February 2015 the negotiators of the contact group in Minsk signed the previously agreed with the heads of the participating countries “channel four” document, providing for a ceasefire in the Donbass February 15. The negotiations “Norman Quartet” consisting of the presidents of Russia, Ukraine and France, as well as the German Chancellor continued in Minsk in various formats (in the narrow format with participation of members of delegations) from the evening of 11 February, a total of about 16 hours.