“Rosneft” declared lack of interest in the privatization of “Bashneft”


Rosneft is not interested in participating in the privatization of state assets as a buyer and may not take part in it. We are always buying assets from the market at market price. How can one company buy another? We these measures are not fed,” said Leontiev, answering the question . Earlier, representatives of Rosneft did not comment on interest in Bashneft.

Earlier on Thursday the source of “Interfax” in the government said that several companies, including LUKOIL, are interested in buying shares in Bashneft, but Rosneft among the candidates no. According to him, now there is a discussion whether to sell individual packages of shares of “Bashneft”, lots, join a public market, or find a strategic investor, but concrete decisions it is not accepted. “Bashneft is 25% or 50%, or together with the Bashkirs to decide to sell 75%. Who are these investors, we must see how much we can take money for premium, which increases, appearing just with control or full control,” the official said.

In December 2014 AFK “System” by a court decision returned a controlling stake in Bashneft to the state. The government owns 50% plus 1 share of the company, Bashkiria — 25% plus share.

On Thursday, the head of Bashkortostan Rustem Khamitov stated that he is against the sale of the stake held by the Republic. “We do not consider the sale of our packet and there are no negotiations in this part, and in no way react to those signals that come from the Ministry of economic development of the Russian Federation, which (maybe) would like including, to implement our package,” he said (quoted by “Interfax”). “For us it (the Republican sale of shares of “Bashneft” is a) impossible and on political grounds, and on economic, because in this package we have dividends, have the opportunity through the charity of “Bashneft” a large number of social projects to implement, including sports. If we have this source will not, we simply topple all”, — said Khamitov.

In turn, Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said that the privatization of state assets, the government has already held a meeting. “Undecided regarding privatization, now selected consultants, will offer us the package implementation”, — said the Minister. According to sources in the government and oil companies, a meeting on the privatization of “Bashneft” and “Rosneft” took place Tuesday with the Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

On Tuesday, the head of LUKOIL Vagit Alekperov confirmed to reporters the company’s interest in the privatization of “Bashneft”. “When will be presented the terms of privatization of “Bashneft”, Yes, we will be interested in this asset,” he said. According to him, LUKOIL is only interested in a controlling stake in state-owned companies. But Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich toga said that the relevant agencies have been instructed to develop conditions for the privatization of Bashneft and other companies of fuel and Energy complex from the list, but so far no package dimensions, nor conditions of sale.

According to Forbes magazine, was interested in buying Bashneft are also businessmen Yury and Alexey Hotiny who own a small number of oil assets in Russia worth $450-550 million