MOSCOW, February 29. The actions of Turkey on the border with Syria might undermine the armistice agreement. This was stated by Deputy foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov.
“Not left Turkish colleagues the idea of cross-border attacks, the idea of forming in the strip along the Turkish border in the Syrian territory of certain “zones”, he said. – Here is a very dangerous situation from the point of view that may behave Ankara”.
Ryabkov noted that the use of force in Syria by external actors, in particular Turkey, could undermine the political settlement in this country.
From Russia with support
As the aircraft of the Russian Federation helps to fight with terrorists in Syria
“We are concerned military preparations that heightened activity around the perimeter of the Syrian borders. If the governments of countries that engage in this activity, intent to use force to achieve certain goals, it would be a fatal blow to all that was collected so far”, he said.
“These governments, including Turkey, should be fully aware of the responsibility,” – said Ryabkov.
About the participation of Kurds in the settlement in Syria
The Deputy foreign Minister also stated that the non-participation of Kurds in the political settlement in Syria leads to the lameness of the negotiations. Moscow hopes on a change of the partners ‘ positions on the issue, said Sergey Ryabkov.
“We have always said and say with regard to Syria, without due regard for the Kurdish factor and without the representation of Kurds in the negotiations, which should lead to the start of the process of political settlement, the situation will be flawed,” said Ryabkov.
He noted that Russia still does not find understanding on the part of some of the capitals of the partners at the talks on Syria.
“I hope that the necessity of this and the need to consider the interests of living in Syria the Kurds will prevail, and the positions of the respective countries would have made the correction”, he said.
Plan “B” on Syria
Syrian foreign Ministry: the statement of Riyadh on alternative plan focuses on the failure of the armistice
The leader of the Popular front: a truce is observed in Syria, the opposition is optimistic
Speculation about alleged U.S. plan “B” on Syria aimed at disrupting the peace process began, said Deputy foreign Minister of the Russian Federation.
“As for plan B, we know that it is in the practice of our American colleagues, especially in their law enforcement agencies to develop different kinds of scenarios in case of a development,” – said Ryabkov.
“But the political moment to which we as the foreign Ministry to draw attention primarily boils down to the fact that this kind of stuffing also been talk of having a plan “B” – unfair, unfair play”, he added.
Ryabkov explained that this kind of “information stuffing” is designed for use for opposite, as agreed by Moscow and Washington.
“Those who are engaged in similar kind of stuffing information, no matter whether for them the real, they pursue a clear objective – disruption of the process”, – said Ryabkov.
About the “Kosovo” scenario in Syria
Bogdanov: Russia and the United States closely monitor the truce in Syria
In addition, Sergei Ryabkov said that “Kosovo scenario” in Syria is excluded, a specific model structure to be defined by the Syrians. “We are not engaged in such destructive hypothetical – continued Ryabkov. – Our attention is now focused on working with colleagues from the USA, the UN on strengthening the ceasefire on the understanding that the suppression of the terrorist groups, including banned (group) “Islamic state” and “dzhebhat EN-Nusra” (also forbidden in the Russian Federation – editor’s note), other groups recognized as terrorist by the UN, will continue.”
Ryabkov also stated that “the focus should gradually move to a political process, this is the task of the present moment”.
The diplomat noted that the specific model of the political structure of Syria in the future, which will derive from the preservation of its integrity, including the possibility of federalization, should be developed in the course of inter-Syrian negotiations. “If it will be developed the model, who will be able to argue against it?”, he added.
ABOUT GROUPING “DZHEBHAT EN-NUSRA” AND “ISLAMIC STATE”
The radical Islamist group “dzhebhat EN-Nusra” (“Front of victory”), associated with a terrorist network “al-Qaeda” was created in 2011 on the territory of Syria. Our key objectives “dzhebhat EN-Nusra” named the overthrow of the regime of Bashar al-Assad with the subsequent establishment of an Islamic Emirate in Syria. On December 29, the Supreme court recognized “dzhebhat EN-Nusra” a terrorist organization and banned its activities in Russia.
“Islamic state” (ISIS) – an Islamist terrorist organization operating inside Iraq and Syria.
Established on 15 October 2006 by the merger of 11 radical Sunni groups. The core group forming the militants, who fought with American troops during their stay in Iraq and with the forces of the government of Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
The IG recognized as a terrorist organization in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Turkey, Egypt, UAE, India, Indonesia, and Russia (29 December 2014).
About the role of Iran
The Deputy foreign Minister also stressed that Russia considers Iran a positive role in the Syrian settlement.
“No reason to doubt that we have,” he said. According to Ryabkov, Iran is behaving very responsibly in relation to the Syrian crisis, supports the implementation of the agreements reached in the framework of UN security Council resolutions.
The Deputy foreign Minister stressed that contacts between Moscow and Tehran on the Syrian issue became more frequent. “Intensified consultations, it had been many contacts at high and highest level. The next day, after reaching a basic agreement between Moscow and Washington, which is now in the spotlight, President Vladimir Putin held talks with President of Iran Hassan Rouhani,” – said Ryabkov.
On observance of agreements on cease-fire
German foreign Minister: ceasefire in Syria for the most part respected
Russia calls for responsible approach to the investigation into allegations of violation of the fire in Syria, Ryabkov said.
“We are concerned that the first hours after the truce came into force, began media attacks on the new regime. Until that happens anonymous stuffing of information about the violation of the ceasefire by the Syrian authorities and the Russian side”, – he said.
The Russian side calls upon everyone “who participates in the analysis and consideration of this information “on the side”, to show maximum responsibility,” said Ryabkov.
“Our military working channels of the “hot lines”. All contact phone numbers, email addresses not just famous, but has long been tested, people know each other personally, – stated the diplomat. – The interaction between the military established. In Geneva there are certain patterns, monitorama the situation. There are similar patterns in Amman, our database Hamim”.
“We check those messages, and I have to say that as of today the evidence that in these messages we are trying to convey, no, – said Deputy foreign Minister. – The Russian Federation complies with the agreements that were reached, in which we directly participated. Differently can’t be”.
“Instead of futile attempts to shift to Russia responsibility for the fragility of the current ceasefire, the participants antiepilepsy coalition led by the United States would have to rein in some of his players to a more responsible attitude to the current moment,” said Ryabkov.
The role of Russia in resolving the armed conflict in Syria. Dossier