The MAYOR does not rule out to sell the government’s stake in Bashneft

The MAYOR does not rule out to sell the government’s stake in Bashneft


MOSCOW, 1 March. The Ministry of economic development began the selection of investment consultants to assess the timing of the privatization package of “Bashneft”, it is possible to sell the government’s stake, told reporters the head of the Ministry Alexei Ulyukayev.

See also

Khamitov: the MAYOR would like to implement belonging to the package of Bashkortostan “Bashneft”

Earlier, senior Federal official reported that Russia is considering three options for the privatization of Bashneft – to sell 25% of shares 50% of shares and together with shares of Bashkiria – 75% of the shares. The head of Bashkortostan Rustem Khamitov said that the Ministry would like to implement Bashkiria owned package of shares of “Bashneft”, but for the Republic it is impossible.

“Such possibility exists, in fact, that is our offer (sale of state block of shares – approx. ed.). Now we will select investconsultant, we will be supporting from the point of view of market conditions and Windows of opportunity for sales,” he said.

Their interest in buying a controlling stake of “Bashneft” expressed “LUKOIL”, but so far the company has not made a formal proposal to the government. The head of “LUKOIL” Vagit Alekperov has specified that speech can go about 50% of the shares that are in Federal ownership. However, he suggested that the deal can go through only at the expense of cash payments, without the use of shares of “LUKOIL”.

The head of the Federal Antimonopoly service Igor Artemyev said that FAS is likely not to object to the possible purchase “LUKOIL” controlling stake “Bashneft”.

Oil company “Bashneft” has operations in more than 20 regions of Russia and abroad. The Federal property management Agency owns 50,08% of the share capital of Bashkortostan – 25% plus one share.