MOSCOW, March 4. The Kremlin does not comment on litigation on business of former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko. This was stated to journalists the President’s press Secretary Dmitry Peskov, answering the question on the Declaration of the prisoner hunger strike.
See also related news:
The court in the case of Hope Savchenko
© Valery Matytsin/TASS
Savchenko went on hunger strike
Savchenko says that is not guilty of the deaths of journalists, and threatens to dry hunger strike
Prosecutor’s office demands Savchenko to 23 years in prison
The public prosecution believes the guilt Savchenko to the murder of journalists VGTRK
“I do not wish in any way to comment, this is not a question that relates to our agenda,” said Sands. He stressed that the judicial process continues “and here are some comments from our side would not have been acceptable”.
Savchenko is accused under three articles of the criminal code – “Murder”, “Attempted murder” and “Illegal border crossing”.
According to the prosecution, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region, Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three Russian correspondents VGTRK. In the shelling of journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.
The trial against Savchenko began on 22 September last year. She is 25 July 2015 held in jail-3 of Novocherkassk (30 km from Rostov – on-don and 150 km from Donetsk city court) where it carry on the process. Just detention she is 1 year and 8 months. As reported, the public prosecution is asking for Savchenko 23 years in a General regime colony and a fine of 100 thousand rubles.