During negotiations of the foreign Ministers of Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine in Paris, the parties are unable to reach agreement on the main point of negotiations — the preparation of the elections in the Donbass.
“Unfortunately, changes in the most important, from the point of view of process, preparation of the elections has not happened. The commitment of the Ukrainian authorities to coordinate the elections with Donbas can never materialize,” he said after the meeting, the Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov (quoted by “Interfax”).
The previous meeting of foreign Ministers “channel four” took place in Munich on February 13. It was brief and to the Ministers agreed to discuss all aspects of the Minsk agreements and the reasons for their failure at the next meeting, has told then the Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov.
The Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin prior to the meeting said that to insist on the priority discussion “the release of the hostages”. The Ukrainian side demands the immediate release of all captives, and their number is estimated at 129. Ukraine also wanted to discuss the block of issues at work in the conflict zone of the OSCE mission. “Previously, our colleagues believed that security is an end to the shelling. There is now a clear understanding that it is also the access of the OSCE SMM to all parts of Donbass. Then — and this is critical — SMM access to the border and actual monitoring,” said the Minister. Kiev would like to build along the Russian-Ukrainian border special base that would have the opportunity at the first stage to carry out inspections without warning; at the second stage — to put on all nine points transition their people; the third phase is to establish an effective system of control sections between these points; the fourth — to observe the withdrawal of the weapon and its storage, said Klimkin.
The Minsk agreements provide for the work of the OSCE mission. The beginning of the return of border control of Ukraine Minsk agreements make it possible only after the local elections and the completion of the comprehensive political settlement.
On the eve of the meeting of the Ministers on the negotiations of the Trilateral contact group in Minsk were initialled two agreements are meant to reduce tensions in the conflict zone. One concerns the prohibition of weapons drill in 15-kilometer zone on the contact line — the total width of 30 km, the second — the clearance on the 12 priority sites. Chapter unrecognized DND and LNR to sign them on Friday.
Against the backdrop of worsening
In recent weeks, both sides noted the complicated situation across the line of contact: warn about violations of the truce, and accused each other of mortar shelling. “We recorded over 700 attacks from the Ukrainian side”, — said the Deputy corps commander defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed DND Eduard Bacurin. Only in recent days, according to him, the truce was violated by the Ukrainian side 43 times. “Was mainly used 82-mm and 120-mm mortars,” says Bacurin. In addition, according to the separatists, the anti-terrorist operation forces use tanks and infantry fighting vehicles. All the weapons were supposed to be reserved and not used. The main directions of attacks, according to Baturina, it is Kominternovo district, Donetsk airport and the Northern part of Gorlovka.
The Ukrainian side accuses the opponent in the growing frequency of attacks. According to the information-analytical center of national security Council and defense of Ukraine separatists fire at the border of contact in several areas. Earlier, on 1 March, the speaker of the administration of the President of the ATU, Colonel Andrei Lysenko during the briefing told journalists that three Ukrainian soldiers were killed and the inlet of the attacks, 14 were wounded.
The parties to the conflict and noted the concentration of forces on both sides of the line of contact. “We can see the redeployment of Ukrainian forces. Including weapons that are prohibited by the Minsk agreements: artillery, tanks”, — said Basurin. According to him, the Ukrainian side, possibly preparing for offensive actions. However, the specific location of the attack to mark Bacurin. “The forces are concentrated along the line of contact,” he said. Yesterday, 2 March, in particular the forces of the separatists were seen five self-propelled artillery, 30 infantry fighting vehicles and 40 cars with the personnel in the area of Novobakhmutivka.
Representatives of the main intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine on March 2, stated that controlled by the separatist territory of Russia supplied ammunition and military equipment. “Confirmed another fact of the transfer to Russia of weapons and military equipment, ammunition and fuel for the needs of 1 and 2 army corps,” according to scouts. They also claim that the territory of the self-proclaimed DND were delivered to officers and staff. Russia is its participation in the conflict throughout the time denies.
The Central issue in a political settlement remains the holding of elections at the local level in the Donbass. Kyiv wants to meet OSCE standards and in accordance with Ukrainian legislation, the DNR and LNR insist on their approach. To bring the positions of the parties fails since the signing of the Minsk agreements in the past year.
German foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier had hoped that at the meeting of Ministers will be made decisive steps to progress in the settlement of the conflict.
Ukraine wants to agree on five parameters, announced by the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Olena zerkal in an interview with “UKRINFORM”. “The formation of polling stations, access to media, participation of Ukrainian political parties, access of international observers and the issue of internally displaced persons and their participation in elections. All of these issues remained unresolved, despite the results of previous meetings in Minsk format”, — said zerkal.