In his Twitter the President of Ukraine said that Ukraine appealed to the EU and the US to strengthen pressure on Moscow to release under the court of Nadiya Savchenko. The message Poroshenko timed to coincide with the summit of EU leaders held in Brussels.
The Ukrainian President also reported that the Consul General in Rostov-on-don visited Savchenko and reported on the state of her health. “Instructed him again tomorrow to get a meeting,” wrote Poroshenko.
For its part, the press Secretary of the President Svyatoslav Tsegolko wrote on Twitter that “on behalf of the President, our Consul General in Rostov again tomorrow will make its way to Hope”.
Last week Savchenko was visited by representatives of the Commissioner for human rights Ella Pamfilova. As has told the lawyer of Ukrainian pilots Nikolai Polozov, a child found to be satisfactory.
Savchenko is held accused in a criminal case under several articles of the criminal code: section 5 of article 33, PP. a, e, g, l, part 2 of article 105, part 5 of article 33, part 3 of article 30, paras. a, e, g, l, part 2 of article 105, part 1 of article 322 of the criminal code (aiding of murdering two or more persons, aiding in the attempted murder of two and more persons publicly dangerous method, on motives of political hatred committed by a group of persons, illegal crossing of border of the Russian Federation). Investigators believe that in June 2014 the pilots in the Luhansk region led covert surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint militias. In a post, according to investigators, were civilians, including three Russian citizens — employees of VGTRK media holding. In the shelling killed journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin.
Itself Savchenko in court was told that she was detained before he opened fire on the journalists. According to the pilot, she was held in the sports hall of the militia and several cars were moved to the Russian city of Voronezh. Her lawyer Nikolai Polozov insisted that it confirms the detail of mobile phone Savchenko.
The Prosecutor’s office on March 2, asked the court to sentence Savchenko to 23 years of imprisonment. March 3, at the regular meeting in the city court of Donetsk of the Rostov region Savchenko went on hunger strike. She did this in response to the actions of the judge, who postponed her last word to 9 March.