DONETSK (Rostov region), on 9 March. /Corr. Dmitry Bulanin/. The court will within two days to announce the verdict of former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko on 21 and 22 March, the correspondent of TASS reported from Donetsk city court (Rostov region).
Savchenko went on hunger strike
“The court is for a judicial decision until March 21 – and 22 March 11.00 – 11.00 am,” said the judge.
Previously, the prosecution requested for Savchenko to 23 years in prison and a fine of 100 thousand rubles.
Delivering his last speech, Savchenko claimed that Russia will return it to Ukraine. “Russia will return Ukraine to me alive or dead,” she said.
“The court has stolen from me the week of life. You can read the sentence now, or tomorrow, or a week at the most. If you decide to declare that the sentence will be in two weeks or six months, want to show his power – show, but the stakes are high and I have nothing to lose. I will continue his hunger-strike, if the sentence will be imposed later than one week”, – said Savchenko.
“The only possible verdict – guilty”
The former lawyer of Ukrainian pilot mark Feigin told journalists that the defense proved the innocence Savchenko, therefore she must be acquitted. “The only possible verdict – guilty. The defense proved the innocence of Savchenko at the stage of preliminary investigation,” – said Feigin.
The Russian foreign Ministry: talks on the exchange of Savchenko was not conducted and not conducted
He also said that the Russian authorities must now promise Savchenko extradition to Ukraine after the verdict, and then she can stop the hunger strike. “While Savchenko will not hear a clear answer about what it exactly will be sent to Ukraine, it is unlikely we will be able to stop her hunger strike,” – said Feigin.
Another lawyer, Nikolai Polozov does not rule out the possibility that, prior to sentencing, Savchenko may be subjected to forced feeding. “Before sentencing almost two weeks. So on a dry hunger strike people can not survive. It will either be subjected to forced feeding, or you will die,” he said.
The trial against Savchenko began on 22 September last year. She is 25 July 2015 held in jail-3 of Novocherkassk (30 km from Rostov-on-don and 150 km from Donetsk city court) where it carry on the process. Just detention she is 1 year and 8 months.
The Case Of Hope Savchenko
Nadezhda Savchenko is accused of involvement in the murder of two employees VGTRK under Lugansk and illegal crossing of the border. Article Savchenko: part 2 of article 105 of the criminal code (“Murder”), part 3 of article 30, 2 of article 105 of the criminal code (“Attempt at murder”) and part 1 of article 322 of the criminal code (“Illegal border crossing”).
According to the investigation, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of artillery fire on the area of the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three citizens of the Russian Federation – correspondents VGTRK. The shelling of the VGTRK employees Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.