ATOR: Russian tourist industry has returned to stability after the “closing” of Turkey and Egypt

ATOR: Russian tourist industry has returned to stability after the “closing” of Turkey and Egypt


MOSCOW, March 10. The tourist industry of the Russian Federation has returned to stability After the cessation of sending of the Russian tourists to Turkey and Egypt. This was announced at a press conference Executive Director of the Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR) Maya Lomidze.

She noted that, “if in 2014 and previously would have said that there will be Turkey and Egypt, it would be synonymous with the closure of the travel industry”. “Now we can say that this is really a big blow, but not deadly” – said Lomidze. However, she noted that “the business has found stability and was “brushed”.

See also

Without Turkey tours: travel in a new environment

“The number of companies has decreased by more than two times over the past few years – in 2014 there were more than 2000, last year there were 600,” said Executive Director of ATOR.

Lomidze believes that “this process will continue”, but loud bankrots not expected. “It will be a planned non-renewal of itself in the registry (the Unified Federal register of tour operators – approx.)”, – she noted.

Under forecasts ATOR, a minimum of 20% of the tour companies from the current one the number will leave the market.

“There is an integration of business, smaller companies are closed. I have a large safety cushion” – said Lomidze.