MOSCOW, March 10. Former Ukrainian army Hope Savchenko, accused of the murder of Russian journalists, has stopped his hunger-strike. This was reported by telephone to her lawyer mark Feigin.
Poroshenko said about the readiness to exchange Savchenko
“At the request of the President of Ukraine, Nadezhda stopped dry hunger strike and began to eat,” he said.
On Thursday, Novocherkassk police tightened security measures around the detention facility, where Savchenko.
On March 3 in protest against delays by the court sentencing Savchenko went on hunger strike.
The Case Of Hope Savchenko
Savchenko is accused under three articles of the criminal code: “Murder”, “Attempted murder” and “Illegal border crossing”. According to the prosecution, as an officer of the armed forces of Ukraine, while the location of a paramilitary battalion “Aydar” on June 17, 2014 near the village of Metallist, Slavyanoserbsk district, Luhansk region, Savchenko was conducting secret surveillance and correction of shelling the checkpoint of the militia LNR with him were civilians, including three Russian correspondents VGTRK. In the shelling of journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.
The trial against Savchenko began on 22 September last year. She is 25 July 2015 held in jail-3 of Novocherkassk (30 km from Rostov – on-don and 150 km from Donetsk city court) where it carry on the process. Just detention she is 1 year and 8 months.