MOSCOW/PYATIGORSK, March 10. The President of Russia Vladimir Putin in connection with a hooligan attack on journalists and human rights defenders in Ingushetia ordered the Ministry of internal Affairs to find out all the circumstances of the incident and give a legal assessment. This was reported by press Secretary of the head of state, Dmitry Peskov.
Previously Peskov said that the Kremlin is outraged by the attack on the bus with journalists and human rights activists in Ingushetia. “It is absolutely outrageous, it is an absolute hooliganism, he said. – We understand that risk has been subjected to the lives of people, judging by the information that is”.
We hope that the law enforcement bodies of the Republic will take the most effective measures to search for and identify the perpetrators of the attack in order to properly ensure the safety and human rights defenders and media representatives, and these particular, and generally
He added that since the Republic of Ingushetia is one of the subjects of the Russian Federation, it is worth to say that the attention to this case should show our law enforcement agencies, both Federal and regional significance.
The Plenipotentiary of the President took the investigation on the control
The Plenipotentiary of the RF President in the North Caucasian Federal district Sergey Melikov gave law enforcement authority to order the investigation of the resonant incident of attack on human rights defenders and journalists. As reported in the office of the Plenipotentiary, “the situation is under special control of Sergey Melikov”.
“The Plenipotentiary monitors the progress of the investigation. Appropriate instructions to the heads of law enforcement agencies. We are in constant contact with the Council under the President of Russia on development of civil society and human rights”, – explained in the Embassy.
This incident will be discussed at a Coordination meeting on security issues, combating corruption and ensuring the rule of law, which will take place today in the Embassy chaired by Melikov. “The total effort will be made to ensure that as soon as possible to identify and punish the guilty in this incident”, – have added in office of the authorized representative.
The attack on the border
About the attack on human rights defenders and journalists on the border of two regions of the North Caucasus said on member of the Council under the RF President on development of civil society and human rights, Chairman of the Committee for the prevention of torture Igor Kalyapin.
Criminal case initiated on the fact of attack on journalists in Ingushetia
“At approximately 19:15 on the border of Chechnya and Ingushetia a group of unknown moving by three cars attacked a group of human rights defenders from the joint mobile group and journalists. Journalists and human rights defenders beaten. Two selected mobile phones. The car of the defenders defeated and set on fire,” he quoted Kalyapin website HRC.
As reported, in an attack on a group of journalists and human rights defenders who went to Chechnya, was attended by about 20 unknown. Injured six people, four of them sought medical help. In Ingushetia criminal case under article “Hooliganism” and “Deliberate destruction or property damage”.