According to the newspaper “Kommersant”, in recent months interest in the project of the cosmodrome in the Pacific ocean was shown by the co-owner of S7 airlines Vladislav Filev. According to the newspaper, referring to top-managers of enterprises of the space industry, co-owner of S7 and “Roscosmos” has already agreed on all the parameters of the transaction.
It is expected that it will be closed in may, and owns the spaceport Energia will sell all the property had no existing debt.
To disclose the parameters of the transaction, the interlocutors of the newspaper did not, but noted that “the investor will pay billions of roubles”. In the group S7 declined to comment.
The head of Roscosmos Igor Komarov told journalists that the project “Sea launch” was sold, while refusing to call the investor and the scope of the contract.
Earlier on Wednesday, the TASS source in the space industry said that the project “Sea launch” has found a buyer and the paperwork can be completed in the coming days. Information about the investor, the spokesman refused to disclose, citing the agreement on trade secrets.
International consortium “Sea launch” was established in 1995 for commercial launches of carrier rockets from the Pacific ocean. After the reorganization in 2010, 95% of the shares of the consortium went to “daughter” RSC “Energia”, 3% — the American Boeing and 2% Norwegian Aker Solutions.
In 2014, the project was shelved due to the events in Ukraine, but the Russian authorities allowed the unfreezing of the project. In early 2015 it was reported that used in “Marine start” Ukrainian missile “Zenit” will replace the Russian “Angara”.