A Ukrainian court has sentenced “the fighters FCU” to 13-14 years in prison


The Goloseevsky district court convicted the Russians Evgeny Erofeev and Alexander Alexandrov on all charges and sentenced them to 14 and 13 years of imprisonment, declared the presiding judge Mykola Didyk. The Prosecutor demanded to sentence them to 15 years imprisonment.

Erofeev and Aleksnadrov previously stated that they consider themselves innocent.

At the meeting in the courtroom was attended by the lawyers of Russians Oksana Sokolov and Valentin Rybin, the Russian Consul in Kiev Alexey Gross, deputies of the Verkhovna Rada Iryna Lutsenko and Irina Gerashchenko.

The sentence everyone in the hall listened standing up, judging by the video broadcast from the courtroom.

The prosecution’s case

Procedural phase of the trial ended on April 15. On Friday, the presiding judge Mykola Didyk has announced that the verdict may be announced on Monday.

The prosecution in the debate sought 15 years in prison for both. Russian Evgeny Alexandrov and Alexander Yerofeyev accused under several articles: waging aggressive war, supporting the terrorist organization, arms trafficking and ammunition, violation of order of entry in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (Kiev calls the territory of the DPR and LPR), possession, storage and transfer of firearms, ammunition and use of weapons to provoke military conflict and the international complications that resulted in death (part 2 of article 28 part 2 article 437, part 2 of article 28 of part 1 of article 258-3, part 3, article 258, part 2 of article 201, part 2 of article 28, part 1, article 263, part 2 of article 332-1 of the criminal code of Ukraine).

The charges, prepared by the Chief military Prosecutor’s office of Ukraine, was uttered by the Prosecutor Klymenko and published on the website of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine.

Both accused pleaded not guilty. “The process needed to achieve resonance in the society, the world, the press. I didn’t commit any crime, I’m innocent,” said Yerofeyev on Friday. “I want to add that I think the political process. I consider myself innocent, but the blame is unproven,” said Alexandrov (quoted from the website “the Media”).

The status of Russians

The guilt of the accused military Prosecutor’s office considers proven, as well as the fact that they were Russian military personnel. “The state of Ukraine argues that in the dock not sitting just ordinary citizens of the Russian Federation, and the captain and Sergeant of the armed forces of Russia!” — stated in the indictment. It is, as the prosecution is confirmed by Ukrainian intelligence, its own confession of Alexander and Erofeeva and witnesses for the prosecution, as well as data contained in the phone, which according to the prosecution, belongs to Alexandrov.

The prosecution claims that they arrived on 19 March last year with their permanent quarters in Togliatti, Samara region Millerovo in the Rostov region on March, 26, crossed the border of Ukraine, where they were detained on 16 may 2015 in the confrontation with Ukrainian servicemen in Luhansk region, which killed a Ukrainian soldier Vadim Pugach. 16 may 2015 the security Service of Ukraine presented a report, which confirmed the information about their arrival on March 26, 2015 on the territory of Ukraine, said Friday the Prosecutor Alexander Klimovich (his words leads edition of “the Media”).

Protection throughout the process insisted that the video footage and interviews can’t be attached to the case and should not be considered by the judge because the video is not specified, to whom and in what circumstances accused gave evidence. Erofeev and Alexandrov at the trial stated that they were under pressure and they say pressure. The panel of judges does not agree with the defence, which demanded to recognize inadmissible evidence submitted by the prosecution — video interviews and an interview Savik Shuster, said at the sentencing, judge Elena Pervushina.

According to the data collected by lawyer Erofeev Oksana Sokolovsky data, he was fired on March 10, 2015, Aleksandrov — December 12, 2014.

According to the defense, at the time of capture of the Ukrainian military were in the service of the Luhansk people’s militia. In Lugansk region they came on their own and voluntarily, said Sokolowski . Alexandrov was appointed to serve in the Lugansk people’s militia on January 12 at the rank of Sergeant, a month after the dismissal. Erofeev was appointed commander of the second reconnaissance group of the second reconnaissance company of the military unit Л55/055 people’s militia with the rank of captain on 17 February this year. He entered the service of the Luhansk people’s militia until his dismissal from the armed forces, while on vacation, Sokolowski explains the difference in dates.

The dispute over evidence

The prosecution also presented at trial a rifle “Vintorez” and clothing, according to prosecutors, confirmed that the course of combat on 16 may group Erofeev on a strong point, in which Pugachev suffered fatal wounds in the trenches fired from the VSS “Vintorez” and as “Shaft” a minimum of three persons, among whom Erofeev himself.

However, the lawyer Valentin Rybin said that the rifle “Vintorez” was a polished witness by Cyril Veres, which made it impossible for ballistics. “Thus, we cannot say, Rybin says that Yerofeyev or Alexandrov was fired from this weapon,” he said.

The phone also can not, according to the lawyer, to serve as evidence, since his seizure and shipment to the court were not styled properly: “the Phone four days hanging out at the post office, fell into the hands of different people. The phone has component parts. There are memory card, which contained some information she doesn’t even described in the materials

The process under pressure

March 25, in the Cherkasy region was found the body of the lawyer Yury Grabovsky, representing the interests of Alexandrov. His disappearance became known on March 9, when he came to the meeting. April 5, the chief military Prosecutor of Ukraine Anatoliy Matios said that GWP was able to restore the entire chain of circumstances which led to the death, but not told about them.

Moscow has no doubt that he was killed because he defended the interests of Russians in the Ukrainian court, said the Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov.

April 8, Goloseevskiy district court of Kyiv about three o’clock in the morning burned down the office of the judge Nicholas of Didika who presides in the process.cases are not investigated”.

The prospect of sharing

The Minister of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin did not exclude the possibility of exchange of Erofeeva and Alexandrov after trial for convicted in Russia Ukrainka Hope Savchenko. She was sentenced to 22 years in prison for the murder of journalists VGTRK in the Donbass.

“We’re working on it not just every day, constantly. Now the issue was, of course, with the ability to exchange Hope for Russian citizens, but this was no ordinary exchange, because Hope was captured, taken to Russia”, — Klimkin told journalists on Friday (quoted by “Interfax”).

“From the point of view of Russian citizens, of course, they should get the sentence that we are discussing this, but after the verdict we will try to work as quickly as possible, knowing that not only every day, but every hour about how Hope feels,” — said the Ukrainian Minister.

On Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin during a “straight line” stated that Moscow and Kiev are in contact regarding the fate of Savchenko, but noted that “in such matters it is better not get ahead of ourselves”.

The lawyer Ukrainka Hope Savchenko Ilya Novikov in Facebook wrote that Erofeev and Alexandrov “I believe that the question of their exchange is already resolved”. According to another lawyer Savchenko mark Feigin, wait fast, within a few days, sharing solutions for Nadiya Savchenko Erofeev and Alexandrov’s not worth it. “After conviction by a court in Kiev Erofeev and gave the entry into force of the decision will have to wait a month… everything else, remains an open procedural question of the issuance of the exchange Savchenko on Erofeeva and Alexandrov”, — Feigin wrote in his microblog on Twitter.