Kiev has reported the biggest losses in the Donbass over the past year


As a result of shelling by militias in the Donbass for the last day killed seven of the Ukrainian military, nine more were injured, said Secretary of national security Council and defence of Ukraine (NSDC) Oleksandr Turchynov.

Turchynov stressed that this is the largest number of casualties in the Donbass per day over the last year. The responsibility for these provocations,” he laid on Russia, reports TSN.

In turn, the representative of presidential administration of Ukraine on issues of military operations Alexander Motuzyanik said at the briefing that such “extremely heavy losses of the Ukrainian troops suffered on all three fronts,” reports UNIAN. “It happened as a result of attacks, and there are instances of undermining our soldiers to explosive devices”, — he told.

Moscow has repeatedly rejected accusations in an open interference in the conflict in Ukraine, while not excluding that in the Donbas are Russian citizens who went there as volunteers.

The self-proclaimed leadership DNR and LC among those blamed for violating the ceasefire regime in Kiev. Turchinov’s statement “untrue and made in order to disrupt the Minsk agreement, while accusing us.” said the representative of the Ministry of defence DND in conversation with the correspondent of “RIA Novosti”.

In the night of Tuesday, may 24, a telephone conversation between the leaders of Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine. On its results a press-service of the Kremlin reported that one of the topics discussed was the question of increase of efficiency of activities in the Donbas special monitoring mission of the OSCE by giving it additional powers”.

The press service of the Ukrainian President in turn said that the participants of the “Normandy four” have expressed support for the deployment of police mission of OSCE on Donbass” and “have begun consultations on this issue”.

Later the press-Secretary of Russian President Dmitry Peskov said that the Kremlin discussing the mission — not the police, and monitoring. On the remark of journalists that in the Western press after the telephone conversation of the Quartet talking about the police mission, the President’s press Secretary said: “For us it’s monitoring mission”.

Peskov reminded that this topic “has been discussed for the first day.” “There is the question of weapons of this mission: theoretically it is possible to arm”, — said Peskov. He stressed that the mission should not be soldiers, therefore, according to him, the question arises: “How will they use these weapons?” There are other issues, said Peskov, assuming that “discussions will continue”.

The spokesman also noted that the international mission should monitor compliance with the ceasefire regime on the demarcation line. Now the question of violations of the ceasefire regime in the Donbas is “very serious,” said press Secretary of the President.