The ECHR received a claim of the families of the victims of the crash MH17 against Russia and Putin


The European court of human rights (ECHR) has received a lawsuit from relatives of victims of the crash of an airliner Boeing 777 in the Donbass in July 2014 against Russia. About it to Agency “RIA Novosti” said the press service of the court.

“We can confirm that a statement against Russia regarding the Downing of flight MH17 were received by the Secretariat on 9 may 2016”, — quotes Agency the words of the representative of the press service of the ECHR.

According to the interlocutor of the Agency, the number of applicants (33) — relatives of victims from Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand. The plaintiffs accuse Russia of violating article 2 (right to life), article 3 (prevention of inhuman and degrading treatment) and article 13 (right to an effective remedy) of the European Convention on human rights.

When the court is scheduled to consider the complaint, the press service did not specify. “In the case about which you inquire, the court has not yet taken any decision”, — said the Agency on the question of when we can expect the consideration of the court proceedings on the complaint.

That the relatives of the victims of the crash filed in ECHR lawsuit against Russia and President Vladimir Putin, last week told Reuters, citing the Australian Agency Fairfax Media. According to him, the lawsuit was filed on may 9. It was reported that in it the plaintiffs demand compensation in the amount of $10 million for each victim in the crash.

Before the press Secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov, commenting on the lawsuit, noted that the de jure claim about any of the question until it is accepted by the court and until they are duly informed both parties.

“The claim becomes the claim in the moment when it is accepted for consideration by the court when the court staff informs the parties. Such actions not been taken yet. Far about any claim, de jure, of the question”, — said Peskov.