The Ministry of economic development has received only three bids for the purchase of “Bashneft”


The Ministry of economic development has received only three applications for participation in the privatization of “Bashneft”, told journalists the Minister of economic development Alexei Ulyukayev. “We had two written requests [for participation in the privatization]: from “Tatneftegaz” and NNK. And had an oral statement from LUKOIL. That’s what we’re working with,” said Ulyukayev (quoted by “Interfax”).

Little-known company “Tatneftegaz” has invited President Vladimir Putin to transfer it in management for ten years 75,08% of “Bashneft” (of 50.08% owned by the government, 25% — Bashkiria), promising $6 billion at the end of March according to the newspaper “Vedomosti”. NNK, owned by the former President “Rosneft” Edward Khudainatov, in late March announced intention to participate in the privatization of a controlling stake of the company. The company has proposed to require the buyer to Refine oil “Bashneft” in the far East, where, among large companies refineries is only at the NOC and “Rosneft”. LUKOIL was the first to declare intention to participate in the privatization of “Bashneft”. In late April, LUKOIL President Vagit Alekperov said that the company is still interested in buying the Federal share of the company but are not willing to pay for the asset any price.

At the end of trading on the Moscow exchange on may 24 of 50.08% of “Bashneft” cost of 246.2 bn (us$3,67 billion), 75,08% — 369,08 billion rubles ($5.5 billion).

Other applications for “Bashneft” economic development “in any form” are not received”, said Tuesday the speaker. Forbes previously wrote about another applicant — the business Yuri and Alexei Hatinh, which owns large assets in real estate market, as well as a small oil and gas companies, including NC”, another”. But official confirmation of this information was not. On Tuesday, Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a review that the best candidate for the purchase of “Bashneft” is “Surgutneftegas”, the accounts of which more than $30 billion But the company representative is also not confirmed.

May 17, Putin ruled out the “Bashneft” from among the strategic enterprises, opening the way to privatization of the company. Then the speaker said that it is a “technical possibility” to sell the company before the end of the first half. On Tuesday, he added that he still considers possible sale of at least one asset in the first half of 2016 and will be considered successful privatization in the case of the sale of three major assets of five to the end of the year. In addition to Bashneft’s privatization exhibited a share in “Rosneft”, ALROSA, VTB and Sovcomflot. But, according to him, in the first half of the placement on the Moscow exchange ready ALROSA, the “window” for the sale of VTB and “Bashneft” possible in the autumn.