The official representative of the Ministry of defense of Russia major-General Igor Konashenkov denied the application by the Russian planes of air strikes on the market in the town of al-Ashara in the Syrian province of Deir ez-Zor, reports “Interfax”. According to Konashenkov, “this is nothing more than a rumor”.
“VCS [aerospace forces] Russia no combat missions, and even more strikes, in the town of al-Ashara in the Syrian province of Deir ez-Zor was not fulfilled”, — said Konashenkov.
That supposedly Russian and Syrian warplanes launched an airstrike on a market in al-Ashar, earlier on Monday, Reuters reported, citing the U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for human rights. According to him, the bombing killed at least 17 people, including eight children.
Human rights activists noted that the number of casualties could rise as many victims in the air strikes were seriously injured.
Previously, the monitoring Center has repeatedly reported on the victims among civilians as a result of Russian air strikes in Syria. In particular, may 31, human rights activists said the deaths at least 23 people during an air attack on the town of Idlib. The Russian defense Ministry then said that no combat missions of the Russian space forces in Idlib then not performed.
The Russian defense Ministry routinely denies reports of air strikes on civilian targets. By words the General-major Konashenkov, such publications are “information stuffing”. The official representative of Department also urged to take more critical to “any horror stories” reported by the monitoring Center.