Turkey reopened the case against the suspect in the murder of the pilot of the su-24


The Turkish authorities have resumed the criminal prosecution of a suspect of involvement in the murder of Russian pilot Oleg Peshkov, who was shot from the ground in the crash of the su-24 bomber, shot down Turkish air force in November of last year. About it to Agency Reuters said the Turkish official, whose name the Agency name.

That in relation to “the citizen of Turkey, whose name is associated with the death of the Russian pilot” under investigation, previously told the President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan. He stated this in a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin, which became known on June 27.

A few hours earlier Alparslan çelik, who fought on the side supported by Turkey and Turkomans against the government troops of Syria, was released from prison in the Western province of Izmir, reported the Hurriyet. The newspaper said that Celiku banned from leaving the country.

In Turkey, çelik held on charges of illegal possession of weapons. In addition, he is accused of fraud.

At the end of March Celik was detained in Izmir, and in early April, the court issued a warrant for his arrest. This decision was taken given the fact that in 2014 çelik escaped from prison, where he was to spend 2.5 years for numerous offences.

In early may, the Turkish Prosecutor decided that the police have no sufficient grounds for initiating criminal proceedings against Celik upon the death of the Russian pilot. He çelik during interrogation said that he, however, urged his subordinates to take the Russian prisoners and to stop shooting at him when the latter is ejected from the downed su-24.

As noted by Hurriyet, the Prosecutor’s office of Izmir on 24 June reversed its decision, citing new evidence in the case.