Against anthrax, the defense Ministry sent complex “Orlan”

The latest military complex aerosol disinfection Orlan sent to Yamal to deal with an anthrax outbreak, told RIA Novosti assistant commander of the CVO Jaroslav Roshchupkin.

“To deal with the consequences of an outbreak of anthrax, the Russian defense Ministry were transferred to the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug latest set of aerosol disinfection of transport, buildings and PPE KDA “Orlan”. Aircraft of the military transport aviation took him from Ekaterinburg to Salekhard, where his stroke he will proceed to the area to perform tasks,” — said Roschupkin.

The modular complex “Orlan” was adopted in the year 2015. In total for liquidation of consequences of emergency situations on the territory of Yamal-Nenets Autonomous district of the Central military district sent more than 200 soldiers and about 30 vehicles.

Outbreaks of anthrax on the Yamal Peninsula led to the deaths of more than 2,300 animals. The authorities of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous district said that the cause of the infection of deer was unusually warm for the far North summer: within one month on the Yamal Peninsula was kept hot, the temperature rose to 35 degrees Celsius.

As of August 2, anthrax was diagnosed in 20 herders and members of their families, now they are hospitalized from the hearth threat of infection. In area declared quarantine is carried out emergency vaccination of animals and humans.

As written, the Tyumen, the Deputy head of Rosselkhoznadzor Nikolai Vlasov said that one of the reasons for the outbreak was the refusal of the authorities of the Yamal-vaccination of deer against anthrax. “The Federation is supplying the vaccine to all subjects of the Russian Federation who left the request. However, the process of vaccination needs to pay the subjects. Yamal made its choice, and the deer were not vaccinated for many years,” he said.

Vlasov also said that veterinarians learned about the outbreak of late. “Veterinarians found out about the beginning of the epizootics of anthrax in just five weeks after it started. Herders are without any means of communication. One of them for four days, walked across the tundra on foot, to advise on case of deer,” — said Vlasov.