The international Paralympic Committee (IPC) intends to remove the Russian team at full strength from participation in the Paralympic games in Rio de Janeiro. About it writes on Saturday, August 6, the British newspaper Guardian with reference to its sources.
According to the newspaper, the decision has already been made previously. The IPC will announce it Sunday, August 7, at a press conference in Rio, the newspaper said.
Grounds for dismissal of the Paralympic Russian team was the presentation of Richard McLaren, in which he said that Russia allegedly has systematically been doping rules violations.
The representative of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) mark Adams, quoted by the Agency “R-Sport on Saturday reported that one of the national Paralympic Committee has spoken out against the speech of the Russians at the Paralympic games in 2016 in Brazil.
In turn, the President of the Russian Paralympic Committee (RCC), Vladimir Lukin, commenting the publication of the Guardian, reported that information about the removal of the Russian Paralympic athletes from participating in the Paralympic games 2016 is hearing. “I have nothing to add to this information, except that the final decision will be rendered by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) on Sunday. All the information that is published before the announcement of the decision, is gossip and rumors”, — quotes the words of Lukin TASS.
The Paralympic games will be held in Rio de Janeiro from 7 to 18 September.