OSCE special representative Martin Sajdik said that the Contact group on settling the situation in the Donbass stated the need for indefinite ceasefire in the Donbass by September. “The contact group with the participation of representatives of Donetsk and Lugansk declared the necessity of the indefinite ceasefire in connection with the beginning of the new school year from midnight August 31. I personally encourage the parties to Express their support for this statement at the highest level”, — he said (TASS).
Sidik reminded that last year he made the same statements. “Unfortunately, a year has passed, and we should do it again,” he said.
The OSCE representative also noted that “this is a joint initiative of all participants of the Contact group.” “We hope that the children will be able to start the school year,” he added, paying special attention that the truce should be indefinite. “A ceasefire depends on the will of all political forces,” — said the special representative of the OSCE Chairman.
Press Secretary of the representative of the official Kiev in the group Leonid Kuchma Daria olifer also wrote in his Facebook that the contact group stated the need for full indefinite ceasefire in the Donbass, from 1 September 2016.
“The trilateral contact group with participation of representatives ORDO [individual regions of Donetsk and Lugansk regions] has stated the need for a full indefinite ceasefire in the Donbass, from 1 September 2016. This day will begin a new school year,” said olifer.
Olifer added that this day “will begin a new academic year.” “We insist that all children of Donetsk and Lugansk regions, irrespective of place of residence, have the right to care and security. That is why Ukraine insists on full ceasefire,” — said the press Secretary of Leonid Kuchma.