Ministry of economic development submitted to the government proposals for the privatization of “Rosneft”

Ministry of economic development submitted to the government proposals for the privatization of “Rosneft”


Moscow. September 13. Ministry of economic development submitted to the government proposals for the privatization of state-owned shares of “Rosneft”, said the representative of the Ministry.

“Offers of Ministry of economic development has sent the government”, – he said. The representative of the Ministry did not comment on their content, but recalled the words of the Minister of economic development Alexei Ulyukayev, who recently stressed that to carry out the transaction “together with our consultant will be ready starting in October. And then the decisions arrived at by the government. We have all opportunities to carry out privatization this year”.

The holding Rosneftegaz, which owns the state-owned Rosneft, in late August made proposals for the privatization of “Rosneft” in economic development. The speaker then noted that the assessment package of $11 billion is “close to reality”.

Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Arkady Dvorkovich last week said that a short list of candidates for the privatization of “Rosneft” yet.

Authorities have not yet determined the sequence of privatization transactions “Rosneft” and “Bashneft” one of the proposals involves their conjunction in a single project, said the first Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov in an interview to “Russia 24” on the sidelines of the WEF in 2016 in the beginning of September.

It was originally planned that the first will be sold Bashneft: for a controlling stake in the company, the state could gain about 300 billion rubles. However, in August amid controversy about the possibility of participation in the transaction state-controlled Rosneft and a series of appeals of the authorities of Bashkiria, the government decided to postpone privatization. At the same time, Shuvalov said that from now on the sale of 19.5% of “Rosneft”, and after her government will return to the privatization of “Bashneft”.

Then, according to sources of Bloomberg, the head of “Rosneft” and the Chairman of the Board of Directors of state holding Rosneftegaz” Igor Sechin asked the government the following scheme: Rosneft is buying control of Bashneft for $5 billion, and then Rosneftegaz sells 19.5% of “Rosneft” for $11 billion.

According to Shuvalov, for the budget in the current conditions of the privatization deal cheaper than raising loans in the market, but “the final decision rests with the President.” The government should seek “the maximum budgetary effect.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin in early September in an interview with Bloomberg noted that the sale of 19.5% of Rosneft shares belonging to Rosneftegaz” can take place this year. “The transaction will be realized if the government, together with the leadership of “Rosneft” will be able to find appropriate strategic investors”, – said the President. He also confirmed that the sale of a controlling stake in Bashneft is not relevant.

Source