U.S. “outraged” by reports of shelling of a humanitarian convoy near Aleppo in Syria, said state Department spokesman John Kirby, reports Reuters. “The destination of this convoy was known to the Syrian regime and the Russian Federation. Despite this, humanitarian workers have been killed trying to provide aid to the Syrian citizens,” — he stressed.
Kirby added that the US “will raise this issue directly with Russia.” “Given the flagrant violation of the truce, we will conduct a reassessment of the prospects of cooperation with Russia”, — said the representative of the state Department.
Earlier in Syria shelled a convoy of the joint humanitarian assistance of the UN and the Syrian branch of the red Crescent society. As reported the press Secretary of the UN Stefan Dujarric, at least 18 of the 31 trucks came under fire from armed groups.
The UN did not report the number of victims of the shelling. According to the London-based Syrian monitoring centre for human rights, killed 12 people.
On Monday, the command of the Syrian army announced its withdrawal from the ceasefire, the terms of which several months have agreed to the foreign Ministers of the USA and Russia. “It was assumed that CBD [the cessation of hostilities. — CBD] will give a real chance to stop the bloodshed, but the terrorist group ignored the agreement without fulfilling any of his points, and broke the silence mode over 300 times,” — said the Syrian authorities.
Reuters wrote after that, citing Syrian monitoring centre for human rights, stating that after the Declaration of Syria about the rejection of the ceasefire were attacked. But who struck the Syrian or Russian planes — was not specified.
September 9 following the results of negotiations of heads of foreign policy departments of Russia and the USA Sergey Lavrov and John Kerry in Geneva approved the package of Russian-American agreements of five papers on the application of the parties and reduce the level of violence in Syria.