- Dreamed of becoming a sea captain, but not enrolled in the Rostov seaworthy school, having two for the dictation, and then went to Leningrad, where in the end we came to a Maritime vocational school and got a profession of a technician;
- He started his career in the mid-80s, he joined the Kirov district Executive Committee of Leningrad, where he met his future wife. I wrote “Medusa” with reference to sources, she helped his career “to jump forward”;
- In 1991, Vitaly Mutko headed the administration of the Kirovsky district of St. Petersburg, a year later became Deputy mayor Anatoly Sobchaka on social issues, after whose defeat at the election in 1996, left the administration. There Mutko met with Vladimir Putin, who also held the post of Deputy mayor;
1996. The mayor of St. Petersburg Anatoly Sobchak and Deputy mayor (Chairman of the Committee of the municipality on social issues) Vitaly Mutko at the opening of the monument to the Afghans at Serafimovskoye cemetery.
Photo: Pavel Markin/TASS
- In 1994, Mutko was in charge of the city hall sports, was busy preparing the city for the goodwill Games;
- In 1996 Vitaly Mutko has held the position of President of football club “Zenit”. After the scandal with the dismissal of coach Paul Sadyrin, was nicknamed Vitalio Berlusconi (similar to Silvio Berlusconi — President of FC “Milan”). In 2003, in an interview to the newspaper “Kommersant” he said that dreams that the President “Zenith” “was equal in popularity to the post of Governor of St. Petersburg”;
- In 2000, he became one of the Trustees of the presidential candidate Vladimir Putin, then head of the campaign headquarters of Deputy Prime Minister Valentina Matviyenko in the gubernatorial elections. After her victory in the elections, won a seat in the Federation Council, where he headed the Committee for youth Affairs and sports;
Vitaly Mutko and Vladimir Putin during the closing ceremony of the world Cup 2014 the maracanã stadium
Photo: Alexei Nikolsky/TASS
- In 2001 was created the Russian football Premier League (RFPL), the President of which soon became Mutko;
- In 2005, Mutko was the President of the Russian football Union (RFU), stating that “according to the program planned for 2012 winning the championship”. To accomplish this task Mutko called the coach Guus Hiddink, dismissing George Yartseva.
- In March 2008, Mutko headed the creation of the Ministry of sport, tourism and youth policy, was abolished Rossport, headed by Vyacheslav Fetisov, which Mutko was serious friction. So, after the failure of the Russian team at the Olympics in Beijing, Fetisov gave an interview in which nonliterate expressed in the address Mutko: “Officials on the eve of the Olympic games and did just that, handing out a loud statement. But this is not in the interest of, and for the sake of self-promotion”.
- In 2010, after the failure at the Olympics in Vancouver and the proposal of Dmitry Medvedev, the then Russian President, resignation of officials, Mutko said that “his resignation will not change anything”. However, as President of the RFU, he still walked away. In 2012, Mutko has been reappointed Minister of sport;
11 Feb 2010. Vitaly Mutko with the Russian women’s Curling before the ceremony of raising the Russian flag on the Central square of the Olympic village
Photo: Vitaly Belousov/TASS
- In December 2010 the huge popularity received a performance Mutko at the meeting of the FIFA Executive Committee on the elections of the host country of the 2018 world Cup. His speech in English went down in history. Chelsea have secured the success in 2015, when answering questions of journalists in Switzerland at the FIFA Congress, which broke the corruption scandal. In December 2015, President Vladimir Putin gave Mutko teach English as a gift to birthday.
- In November 2015 World anti-doping Agency (WADA) has published a report on the system of concealment of doping violations in Russia. According to the head of the Commission Richard McLaren Mutko was aware of what is happening. After the publication of the document, Putin instructed to remove everyone who was mentioned in the report as direct implementers. Press Secretary of the President Dmitry Peskov later clarified that Mutko will not affect this indication, as it was not mentioned in the report. The team then almost removed from the Olympics, which she eventually went to a highly reduced composition. Then there were the first rumors about the possible resignation of the Minister. In March 2016 Mutko said that he is “tired” from the Ministerial post and “do not holds the chair”.