Festival of youth and students in Sochi remained without funding


The reshuffle in the presidential administration, in which the first Deputy head of the Kremlin administration Vyacheslav Volodin has passed in the state Duma, and in his place was appointed the head of state Corporation “Rosatom” Sergey Kirienko, became one of the reasons for which the budget has not laid the money at the world festival of youth and students in Sochi. Currently, the draft budget for the event nothing is selected, said four sources close to the presidential administration and Federal Agency for youth Affairs.

World festival of youth and students is an irregular gathering of the leftist youth organizations, held since 1947. The Soviet Union hosted this event in 1957 and 1985. The last time the festival was held in December 2013 in Ecuador. Sochi will be the venue for the XIX account of the festival 14-22 October 2017. The motto of the event: “For peace, solidarity and social justice, we are fighting against imperialism — respecting our past, we build our future!”

The right to hold the event Russia won this summer. The festival was organized by the world Federation of democratic youth, the national Council of youth and children’s organizations of Russia and the Association of volunteer centres. On the website of the preparatory Committee of the festival said that he will be supported by the Federal Agency for youth Affairs (Rosmolodezh).

The government of the Federal Agency for youth Affairs until recently, was supervised by Deputy Prime Minister Olga Golodets (now this will do became Deputy Prime Minister former Minister of sports Vitaly Mutko), but in reality, the activities of the Agency coordinated the political block of the Kremlin. For the administration of the President curator of the Agency is the Deputy chief of management of internal policy Timur Prokopenko, part of the team Volodin. Until October 7 Rosmolodezh headed close to Prokopenko Sergey Pospelov, now occupies the post of first Deputy head of the state Duma apparatus.

According to three sources close to the presidential administration, first Deputy head of the Kremlin administration Sergei Kiriyenko, who continues after his appointment to take the case, it became known that money for the festival is not incorporated, and last week he put the question of why it happened.

In the draft Federal budget for next year, not yet introduced in the state Duma, do not found references on the allocation of funds for the world festival of youth and students. At the same time, the data on funding of other international events such as world football Championship in 2018 and the winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk in 2019 there. The document also contains information on the allocation of funds for the organization of the North Caucasian youth forum “Mashuk”.

The head of the National preparatory Committee for the world festival of youth and students, Grigory Petushkov said that the budget is expected to be funded accommodation and meals of participants, rent of premises for events, if necessary, “and organizational issues”. According to him, the festival will take part more than twenty thousand people, more than half of them guests from abroad.

A source close to the presidential administration, says that the event “forgot” in the bustle of election and the ensuing change of leadership of the political block of the Kremlin. About the festival not that I forgot, mind another source close to the Kremlin, just the theme of “somewhat lost amid the election,” then came back to her, but in the end decided to do after the campaign. However, after the campaign changes happened.

The issue of allocation of funds for the festival “slowed down” when it became clear that the presidential administration will change the team, confirms a source close to the organizers of the event.

A source close to the Federal Agency for youth Affairs, acknowledges that the money for the festival is still there, though, according to him, this issue was raised “during the budget process.” The amount needed by the Agency for the organization of the event, “several billion rubles”. But the government, said the source , the festival budget is not agreed and sent the issue back for revision to the Ministry of education, which is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Agency for youth Affairs.

The question of the allocation of funds for the event really worked out when forming the Federal budget for 2017, to be dated September 6, letter (a) of the Minister of education Olga Vasilyeva Deputy Prime Minister Olga Golodets. The letter concerned the projects of the Ministry of education, requiring additional appropriations from the budget, it States that the Agency together with the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs “considering the issue” about the need for the allocation of funds.

The Ministry of education did not respond to a request .

A source close to the Kremlin, believes that if the issue of financing of the festival is still not resolved, it indicates that “the theme dealt with, but not actively”. The issue was within the competence of the political block of the Kremlin, and from there, not from the incident “was supposed to come the initiative to budgeting,” he explains.

In a press-service of Federal Agency for youth Affairs said that “very soon”, in November, the festival program will be presented at the international preparatory Committee in Namibia, “where it will be reviewed and approved by the General Council of the world Federation of democratic youth”. To calculate the event budget will be correct only after approved the program and it will become clear the exact number of participants of the festival, assures a source close to the Russian youth.

When the program is approved, the estimate of the festival will be directed “to the appropriate Federal Executive authority” and “competent in these matters specialists will take the optimal solution”, say the press-service of Federal Agency for youth Affairs.

A source close to the organizers of the event, however, said that preliminary calculations of the cost of the festival already held. In particular, the government has directed financial and economic justification of the event. To name the sum in question, the interlocutor has refused.

According to two sources close to the Kremlin, is now the question of funding of the festival began “actively engaged”. Time in order to solve the problem, enough highlights one of the sources — this can be done before the budget bill will be adopted in the second reading.

The expert of Economic expert group Alexander Suslin says that usually in the budget, “such incidents”, as is the case with the International festival of youth and students, does not happen, but on the other hand, “it’s not the biggest budget problem”: “If the decision to hold the festival was taken at the highest level, the money will find you. Out of the ordinary situation would be if the budget adopted in three readings before the President signed it, and then found out that the money for the event there. But the budget process also exists to be able to make adjustments,” — says the expert.

Source