The defense Ministry will extend the moratorium on attacks on Aleppo


The chief of the main operations Directorate of the General staff Sergey rudskoy said at the briefing that the Russian air force will not strike on the Syrian city of Aleppo and its surroundings, in spite of the failure of the evacuation of the city during the “humanitarian pause” last week.

“Once again I pay your attention that since October 18, a ten-kilometer zone around Aleppo completely stopped flying aircraft of Russian air force and Syrian air force. This mode is observed to this day”, — told reporters rudskoy (quoted by “RIA Novosti”).

“A moratorium on the strikes of the Russian and Syrian aircraft around this town will be extended,” the General added (quoted by TASS), describing the situation in Aleppo sloaney. “We created all the conditions for the normalization of the situation in the city,” he said.

Last week, 21-22 October, Russia announced a “humanitarian pause” in Aleppo, offering the militants and the civilians to leave the city. The rebels have refused this offer. Two days two humanitarian corridors to Aleppo left a few wounded rebels.

The Russian military announced the termination of air strikes on Aleppo on October 18, citing a desire to give the opportunity to prepare for evacuation. Earlier, Western leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande, compared the situation in the largest city of Syria with a “war crime”. Merkel and Hollande discussed Syria with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the talks in Berlin 19 April. In Moscow insist that the ceasefire was disrupted by militants.

Saturday, October 22, Syrian human rights activists reported about the resumption of air strikes on Aleppo.

Source