“No Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups was not on the territory of Crimea. This is not the first statement of Russia of this kind. It aims to divert world attention from Russia’s military presence in Donbass”, — stated in the office of communications and press of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine.
Later on the Ministry website published an official statement of the Main intelligence Directorate of the defense Ministry of Ukraine, where the FSB statement about the detention of the staff of the office called “fake”.
“This another fake Russian special services aimed at the concealment of personal acts of repression against the inhabitants of the Peninsula, and with the aim of discrediting Ukraine in the eyes of the international community”, — stated in the message.
Earlier on Thursday, 10 November, the FSB announced that the day before in Sevastopol the staff of intelligence service detained members of a subversive group of the Ukrainian defense Ministry, who were preparing sabotage of military infrastructure and life-support of Crimea.
The detainees were seized explosive devices “heavy-duty”, weapons and ammunition, means of special communication and map objects suspected sabotage, said the FSB.
Exactly three months ago, on 10 August, the FSB announced the detention of Ukrainian saboteurs who were preparing, according to intelligence agencies, terrorist attacks in the Crimea. Russian President Vladimir Putin said Ukraine’s transition to practice “terror”, Kiev denied the accusations. The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko called them “fantasies”.
After the August incident, Putin said that he sees no point in further talks on the situation in the East of Ukraine “Norman format”. He refused to speak with Poroshenko, but in October in Berlin still held negotiations with the participation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Francois Hollande, Putin and Poroshenko.