- Alexey Ulyukaev was born in 1956 in Moscow. At the second attempt, he entered the economic faculty of Moscow state University. M. V. Lomonosov, after finishing it he entered the graduate of economic faculty of Moscow state University. Also has a doctorate in Economics from the University Pierre-Mendes France (Grenoble).
- In the mid-80s at the economic seminars of the Moscow-St. Petersburg school “Snake hill”, participant of which was the speaker, he met with Anatoly Chubais and Yegor Gaidar. Began to take part in the club “Perestroika” and “Democratic restructuring”.
- In 1988, at the invitation of the Gaidar Ulyukaev began to work first as a consultant and then Deputy editor of the political economy and economic policy of the journal “Communist”. Later worked as a political columnist in the newspaper “Moscow news”. Was co-founder of the magazine “Open policy” and the newspaper “Democratic choice” at different times was part of the editorial Board of the journals “Budget”, “Economic policy” and “national banking journal”.
First Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Ulyukayev speaks at a meeting of the Russian government. 15 September 2000
Photo: Sentsov, Alexander/TASS
- After the Soviet collapse in the government of Gaidar Ulyukayev held the position of economic adviser to the government and assistant Gaidar. Since 1993 became the first Deputy Chairman of the government. After the departure of Gaidar government became his Deputy Director of Institute of economic problems in transition (IET). Prior to 2008, was the leading researcher.
- In 2000, Ulyukaev was appointed first Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin was responsible for the funding of power structures and monetary policy. In April 2004 became the first Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of Russia, and in may of the same year entered into its Board of Directors. The Central Bank led the monetary policy Committee. June 24, 2013: appointed Minister of economic development of Russia.
“In the framework of my understanding of responsibility, if in 2014 will not achieve GDP growth of 3% — resign!”
The newspaper “Komsomolskaya Pravda”, 2013
- In 2007 entered the list of 100 leading politicians of Russia, compiled by “an Independent newspaper”.
- He was engaged in teaching. In 2007, he became chair of the Department of Finance and credit of the economic faculty of Moscow state University.
Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of Russia Alexei Ulyukayev participated in the sports festival “Green marathon” in Moscow. May 19, 2012
Photo: Ilya Pitalev/RIA Novosti
- In April 2016 the international consortium of investigative journalism found in offshore company Ronnieville Ltd, established in the British virgin Islands in November 2004. Director of the company, which ceased operations in may 2009, according to the journalists, was the son of the speaker Dmitry. In 2006, on this post it has replaced some Julia Krapina, which investigators called the wife of the speaker. Formal violation of the law it was not. Itself the speaker was working then at the Bank. After the publication of the investigation he declared that has no relation to the Panamanian offshore.
“Our trade and economic relations are not the best of times, but the way the story is that good times never happens, time is always difficult”
- In 1978 in the magazine “Student Meridian” was first published poem of the speaker. The first collection of “Fire and glow”, was released in 2002, the second “someone else’s coast” ten years later.
It was, frankly, an honor to honor
Praise — praise, but blame will not
Knew: bread dough, for the love of the bride
And so the platter on the platter
Now something else: bread-the bitter
Bride-to-be very grown up
A Stroy had me at all — this thing
Yes, here everyone is full of such stories
The poem “Platter” from the collection “Strange coast”
- Fluent in English and French, he enjoys Hiking, rowing and swimming.