- November 14 was arrested the now former Minister of economic development Alexei Ulyukayev. He is accused of receiving a bribe in the amount of $2 million for a positive evaluation of the deal for the privatization of “Bashneft”, “Rosneft”.
- According to one of the lawyers speaker Timothy Grineva, the detention occurred in the office of “Rosneft”. The company information is not confirmed. As reported the representative of the RCDS Svetlana Petrenko, the speaker was caught red-handed.
- The handle of the briefcase, which contained the money, was treated with a special substance, the traces of which, according to the newspaper “Kommersant”, was discovered on the hands of the ex-Minister. According to the newspaper, he was supposed to get two keys — one of them he got in one of the offices of Rosneft, another Minister allegedly promised to convey to the machine and put in it.
- The decision of the Basmanny court placed the speaker under house arrest until January 15.
- November 16, Vladimir Putin sent the speaker to resign in connection with loss of trust.
Why did you come over Ulyukaev
As the source said , the speaker was in development for law enforcement agencies not less than one year. In late summer the court had granted permission to wiretap his phone.
Development Ulyukayev began after complaints to law enforcement agencies representatives of “Rosneft”, which, according to Petrenko, ex-Minister extorted a bribe for issuing a positive opinion on the company’s acquisition of 50.08% of shares of “Bashneft” the state, expressed threats to create obstacles to the activities of the company using his authority.
What is the role of the Minister in the government, read the material.
The Position Of The Speaker
- The former Minister pleaded not guilty and called the incident a “provocation”. He also stated his readiness to cooperate with the investigation.
10 facts about the ex-Minister in the review .
The defendants in the case
- Media reported that in addition to the speaker in case there can be new figurants. The source of “RIA Novosti” said that the speech can go about the prosecution of seven people. According to the source TASS familiar with the situation, “now is established and the involvement of other persons to illegal acts, including officials from the MAYOR”.
- Vedomosti, citing a senior employee of one of law enforcement agencies reported that in addition to the speaker operational development could be and other high-ranking officials, in particular Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich, presidential aide Andrei Belousov, the Director of the Department of economic development Oksana Tarasenko and assistant Igor Shuvalov Marina Romanova.
Alexei Ulyukayev in the Basmanny court. 15 Nov 2016
Photo: Anton Sergienko/
That “Bashneft” and “Rosneft”
- The speaker was one of those who spoke against the participation of “Rosneft” in the privatization of “Bashneft” and called Rosneft “is not an appropriate buyer for this asset.” Due to disputes privatization was pending, the trial was resumed on 30 September, 10 October the head of the government Dmitry Medvedev signed a special decree on the sale of 50.08% of “Bashneft”, and 12 October, Rosneft transferred to the budget approved transaction 329,69 billion.
- In “Rosneft” declared that the transaction on purchase of shares “Bashneft” is unlikely to be revised because of the arrest of the speaker.
- Petrenko said that the acquisition of shares of “Bashneft”, “Rosneft” is not the subject of the investigation in the case of the speaker. The legality of the acquisition of shares of “Bashneft” has not been challenged.
How did you prepare for the privatization of “Bashneft” — in the material .
Reaction to the case speaker
- Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev called the incident “the hardest thing for the government and for the government”.
- President Vladimir Putin, according to his press Secretary, Dmitry Peskov, was aware of the pending speaker around operational action.
- Speaker of the state Duma Vyacheslav Volodin said that “all are equal before law”.
Read more about how to arrest the speaker responded officials in the review .