The document consists of 38 articles, divided into five chapters. The text begins with the instructions of national interests in the sphere of national security. The following is a listing of major cyber threats in the modern world. Based on these threats formed a strategic national policy objectives relating to the economy, the military, diplomacy, science and education.
- To ensure and protect the constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen in respect to the collection and use of information.
- Security in Russia sustainable and uninterrupted functioning of critical information infrastructure.
- The development of Russia’s information technology industry and electronic industry.
- The promotion of reliable information on the state policy of Russia and its official position on socially significant events in the country and the world.
- Promoting a system of international information security.
Basic information threats
- A number of Western countries increases the possibilities of the information technology impact on information infrastructure for military purposes
- Increased activity of organizations engaged in technical exploration in Russia
- Intelligence agencies of individual States trying to destabilize the political and social situation in various regions of the world. The goal is to undermine the sovereignty and territorial integrity of States. Methods – the use of information technology as well as religious, ethnic and human rights organizations.
- In the foreign media, increasing the volume of materials containing biased rating of Russia’s state policy
- Russian journalists abroad are obstructed, the Russian media are “outright discrimination.”
- Terrorist and extremist groups stir up ethnic and social tensions, promote, and attract new supporters
- Increase the scale of computer crime, particularly in the financial sphere
- A growing number of crimes related to the violation of constitutional rights and freedoms of the person, privacy, protection of personal data. These crimes are becoming more sophisticated.
- Foreign countries enhance intelligence activities in Russia. A growing number of computer attacks on the objects of critical information infrastructure, their scale and complexity grow.
- The high level of dependency of the domestic industry from foreign information technology (electronic component base, software, computers, communications)
- The low level of efficiency of the Russian scientific research aimed at creation of perspective information technologies. Domestic developments are poorly implemented, the personnel capacity in this area is low.
- Individual States use technological superiority to dominate the information space. The Internet governance on principles of fairness and trust between different countries is impossible.
The strategic goal of information security in the field of national defense is to protect the vital interests of personality, society and state from internal and external threats associated with the use of information technologies for political and military purposes contrary to international law, including in the implementation of hostile actions and acts of aggression aimed at undermining the sovereignty, territorial integrity of States and threatening international peace, security and strategic stability.
- Strategic deterrence and prevention of military conflicts that may arise from the use of information technology
- Improving the system of ensuring information security of the army
- Prediction, detection and assessment of information threats
- The promotion of the interests of the allies of Russia in the information sphere
- The neutralization of the informational-psychological effects, including those aimed at undermining the historical bases and Patriotic traditions concerning the defense of the Fatherland
In the field of state and public security
- Combating the use of information technology to promote extremism, xenophobia and nationalism
- Improving the security of critical information infrastructure
- Improving the safety of operation of weapons, military and special equipment and automated control systems
- The protection of information containing information constituting a state secret
- Improving the efficiency of the implementation of the state policy
- Neutralization of informative influence, aimed at the erosion of traditional Russian spiritual and moral values
In the economy:
- Innovative development of the information technology industry
- Elimination of dependence of domestic industry from foreign information technology
- The development of competitive domestic electronic component base and technology of production of electronic components
In science and education:
- The competitiveness of Russian information technologies
- The development of human resources in the field of information security
- The formation of a citizens culture of personal information security
In international relations:
- Implementation independent information policy
- Participation in the formation of the system of international information security
- Ensuring equal and mutually beneficial cooperation of all stakeholders in the field of information, promotion of Russian positions in relevant international organizations
The organizational basis of the system of information security
- The Federation Council
- The State Duma
- The government
- The Security Council
- Federal Executive authorities (Federal services and agencies)
- The Central Bank
- The military-industrial Commission
- Interdepartmental bodies established by the President and the government
- Executive authorities of constituent entities
- Local authorities
- The bodies of the judiciary.
The participants of the system of information security
- The owners and operators objects of critical information infrastructure
- Telecom operators and information systems
- Developers of information systems and communication networks