- Inflation for the year will be about 5.5% — a record low for the entire history of Russia, next year it will be even lower, about 4%.
- The President has set a goal of moving on to economic growth at 4% per year is challenging but feasible task. The growth rate should be faster growth in the 1-1. 5% we are not satisfied.
- Russian industry is developing largely through import substitution. For two years in the appropriate program invested 250 billion rubles, and this has led to the growth of a number of industries — chemical, woodworking and pulp and paper industry.
- Domestic demand for Russian medicines at 65-70% is met by domestic production. Until recently, Russia “sat on a needle of foreign drugs”, now in the past.
- Russia in 2016, received a record harvest of 118 million tonnes.
“For the last time, just in the last few years, taking into account, however, of the decisions that we took ten years ago, we managed to reach growth of agriculture of 3% per year. And it is in terms of overall downtrend in the economy”
While harvesting corn silage
Photo: Dmitry Feoktistov/TASS
- Pumping money into the economy, increasing budget deficit, the national debt would have returned Russia into the situation of the 1990-ies.
- The government did not lower taxes and reducing government spending, based on the state of the Russian economy.
“I just say that, of course, there’s always a choice between those solutions that need to be taken. And there is a Russian proverb: “On odezhke stretch legs”. In other words, it is impossible to plan for some rapid development, if there are no macroeconomic conditions. That is why our economy first fell by 4%, and this year quite a bit, and next year will begin the transition to growth”
- The government’s social policy will remain the same.
- The health budget is not shrinking and growing, from the current 2.6 trillion rubles. he will grow to 3.25 trillion in 2019.
- The quality of healthcare is improving throughout the country open perinatal centers, and the country is 1 million operations per year programme of high-tech medical care, and more recently, and had only 60 thousand
- Good medical services are now available throughout the country, not only in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
“A conversation with Dmitry Medvedev” online stream
The cost of the army
- The expenditure on the army and law enforcement agencies only seem so big because they are funded from the Federal budget. In the consolidated budget expenditures on health and security officials about the same — 23-24%.
- The army and security forces guarding our borders and internal stability in Russia is not such a situation, with terrorism in Europe and the middle East, the Russians appreciate it.
- Military spending including to Finance the state defence order, which is the driver for the Russian economy. In addition, for these funds Russia produces weapons, which is successfully sold in the world.
Training of missile and artillery units
Photo: Yuri Smityuk/TASS
- In 2016, as promised, the tax system was not changed.
- The flat rate tax has existed in Russia for a long time, and it proved effective, allowing to “whitewash” the most part of incomes of Russians. It is likely to continue, and the size of the personal income tax rate will be decided by the government by 2019.
- Possible changes in the tax system should not scare anyone. Reform, if it occurs, will be discussed with the public and experts.
“Depardieu is not left. And Seagal has arrived. I think that Ornella Muti all will be well, if it is a solution that is made, will save”
- No matter who becomes the buyer of an asset, as long as it was purchased for good money. “It doesn’t matter what color the cat is — it is important that it catches mice”.
- The transaction for the privatization of “Bashneft” and “Rosneft” was a complex and long preparation. “Rosneft” bought “Bashneft” because it increased its capitalization, the decision was best for the Russian economy.
- The money from privatization of “Rosneft” went including closing loan schemes with repayment of debts of the state to Russian defense enterprises.
- Interest in buying shares of “Rosneft” was shown in Korea, Japan and Europe, but they did not suit the government at the time. A consortium of Glencore and the Qatari Fund was willing to pay quickly, so buyers and they. The transaction was very efficient.
- From privatization of “Bashneft” and “Rosneft” the government has received 1 trillion rubles, more than was planned.
Indexation of pensions
- In the beginning of the year was a bad financial situation, so the indexation of pensions conducted in an unusual pattern, having part of it in a lump sum with 5 thousand RUB, the Real size of pensions for the year increased.
- Payment in 5 thousand rbl. — more than some pensioners would have received if all their income were indexed as usual.
- From next year the government will return to the usual scheme of indexing in the first quarter of 2017, pensions will rise by 5.8%. Just on pensions in 2017, the government will spend 7 trillion rubles.
“No frost (indexing) no, it thawed, everything in this sense is clear, predictable, money for this purpose is planned. The money is there!”
Alexei Ulyukayev in the Basmanny court. 15 Nov 2016
Photo: Artyom Korotayev/TASS
Ulyukayev and corruption
- The charges against Ulyukayev is exceptionally sad event. His resignation is not an admission of guilt, but only a question of loss of confidence. Before the court decision, neither of which the guilt or innocence of the speaker can not speak.
- From the beginning of 2016 before the courts in Russia has reached 50 thousand corruption cases, including more than 1 thousand cases connected with the activities of mayors and heads of formations, 1,3 thousand — it is the case of deputies of different levels.
- The fight against corruption is not a show, but the system work. Someone brought to trial, and someone’s not attracted to just because for some, lack of evidence, and in relation to others.
The Duma and the opposition
- The election campaign was complex, but at its end all he got what he deserved, including the “United Russia”, which received constitutional majority.
- “United Russia” enough criticism from the opposition.
- Low voter turnout is not the answer the Russians on the lack of competition on them, and a typical European process. In Europe goes to the polls 45-50% of the vote in Russia, the turnout was 48%.
Relations with the United States
- In the degradation of relations between Russia and the US to blame the American side.
- Donald trump is a pragmatist, avoiding high-sounding words about friendship with Russia, he wants a normal relationship with anyone. Building such relations is an area of mutual interest of the two countries.
- In command of the new U.S. President will be collected the same pragmatists who have no “inherent anti-Russian stereotypes.” Likely Secretary of state Rex Tillerson is one of them.
The end of the year
- Main events of the year — the elections to the state Duma, the performance of Russian athletes at the Olympics in Rio, as well as “fantastic phenomena in culture and art”.
“This year was good and bad. If we talk about socio-economic issues, it seems to me, the main thing is that we are developing, that despite the external constraints, domestic problems, we maintain macroeconomic stability, carry out all social obligations that are assumed. We continue to pay salaries and pensions, are on the way of development of education and health”