Statement on the invitation of the U.S. delegation for talks on Syria, which will be held in Astana on 23 January, are currently inappropriate, the source told the Agency TASS. Negotiations on the format of the meeting is still ongoing and the final decision is made, he said.
“Negotiations on the format of the meeting in Astana was not completed, in the sun, so any statements about the participants to make inappropriate,” — said the Agency interlocutor.
However, he recalled that “the guarantors of the signed agreements on the ceasefire, which formed the basis of the meeting in Astana, the three States — Russia, Iran and Turkey.”
“Accordingly, and these ads must be collective” — said the Agency interlocutor.
Earlier on Saturday, 14 January, Turkish foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu spoke about the agreement with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov about the invitation of representatives of the United States for talks on the Syrian settlement in the capital of Kazakhstan.
“The United States will take part in the talks in Astana. We do not deny that America has a role in this process”, — said the Minister.