Tehran stops issuing visas to Americans in response to restrictions on entry into the United States to citizens of the seven countries in the Middle East, including Iran. This was stated by Iranian foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, the Associated Press reports.
“Exceptions are possible, they will be considered in the Ministry of foreign Affairs,” said Zarif during a press conference with the foreign Minister of France Jean-Marc Ayrault.
The French Minister during the meeting stressed that the us government, “common sense”, should overturn their immigration restrictions. “Unilateral measures concerning the issuance of visas under the pretext of combating terrorism concern”, — quotes the response Ayrault Iranian news Agency Mehr.
Earlier, Zarif had said on Twitter that in the event of such decision to all previously received by Americans of Iranian visa will be valid. However, he stressed that Tehran’s decision to cancel the visa “would not have retroactive effect.”
The US President Donald trump on Saturday, January 29, signed a decree “On the protection of the country from the entry of foreign terrorists”, prohibiting entry to the United States to nationals of Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia and the Sudan. While restrictions are imposed for a period up to 90 days. The U.S. Embassy has also altered the procedure for issuing visas to Russians.
After the signing of the decree at the airports have detained citizens who arrived in the U.S. from these countries. Some passengers refused to sit on flights from us cities directly to the airport.
In several us States, the courts have imposed restrictions on the implementation of the “anti-immigrant law.” Acting Minister of justice (attorney General), Sally Yates, denounced the decree, was dismissed. Also lost his job, the head of immigration and customs enforcement, Daniel Ragsdale.